I | SUPERNATURAL ENCYCLOPAEDIA

THE SUPERNATURAL ENCYCLOPAEDIA

— below are my ideas for several supernatural entities, plans & religions. some of them we won't encounter in this book, but will in others.

—————————————————————

SUPERNATURAL ENCYCLOPAEDIA
I: ENTITIES

LYCANTHROPES
» commonly known as werewolves, although the entity hate that term. they're very territorial and raw, being one of the more traditional forms which are found on the middle & lower planes only. they are forced to shift every full moon, although can shift whenever they want. they follow the religion and story of the moon goddess — believing that this is where the kind originated, and often worship moon witches as they are believed to be direct decedents from mōna herself.

DANGER RATING
» moderate. can kill humans easily, and can kill other supernaturals depending on their rank. alphas are the strongest and can kill anything without a fight. omegas are the weakest, and tend to be killed rather than the killer.

MATES
» noticed by smell / sight / touch. preordained.

HOW TO KILL
» the consistent application of silver to flesh will weaken them enough for any fatal attack. to speed up the process, shoot with a silver bullet or poison with wolvesbane.

—————————————————————

VAMPIRES
» one of the oldest forms known to supernatural kind. they need blood to survive, although often look for donations or animals to feed from, rather than frenzied attacks from the vein. they don't sleep in coffins, and the transition from human to vampire can take up to a week. located in the middle and lower planes. vampires can be subject to two types of bloodlust; the first most common is called pre—bloodlust, where the vampire smells blood and becomes crazed. the second rare form is post—bloodlust, whereby the vampire isn't phased at all by the scent of blood but a single drop can make them wipe out an entire town. 

DANGER RATING
» moderate. the chief of a clan is always the strongest, so will be able to kill anything with the flick of their wrist.

MATES
» noticed by smell / sight / touch. preordained.

HOW TO KILL
» a stake to the heart, or, beheading and setting on fire.

—————————————————————

DEMONS
» the second oldest supernatural entity, fallen angels who preferred a darker side to life rather than what god had planned for them. although they're usually deviant, demons are incredibly loyal and will fight tooth and claw for the ones they love. only males can shift into alter forms of great muscle and large fangs, whereas the females have strong bodies to carry young and fight to protect their offspring. located in the lower plane mainly, however can be found in the middle plane too, usually travelling with lycanthrope packs / vampire clans / witch covens, if they've been exiled from their original clan. only one clan of demons have wings called the sky rider clan, and are what humans  commonly mistake as "shooting stars". the sky rider clan are able to grant the wishes of humans, but typically grant them to children.

DANGER RATING
» really high. especially males when enraged.

MATES
» chosen by a mating ritual. however, can be preordained to a lycanthrope / vampire.