CHAPTER 5

WHAT THE FUCK IT'S THE OFFICIAL END OF THE TRILOGY NO NO NON ON ON ON O NONONO

Toby's POV:

This was it. Oh my God, this was it. My confession was in the encore. Oh my God.

"Good evening, DigiFest!" Riley yelled into the mic. "We've had a great set of acts today, starting from an intermission by Fifth Harmony, to the lovely Kingsley!"

"We didn't want this to be quick, so let's start of with a really laidback tune. Sit back and relax, or at least just relax, because the first song we're performing is a cover of Rude by this band called Magic, with an exclamation point," said Connor. He nodded to me and I counted to three to cue the intro.

Saturday morning, jumped out of bed

And put on my best suit

Got in my car and raced like a jet

I did backing vocals for the chorus, as Riley introduced me for the second verse. "Give it up for my brother Toby!" he said. I strummed a few more notes on my guitar as I started on the verse.

I hate to do this, you leave no choice

Can't live without her

Love me or hate me we will be both

Standing at that altar

Or we will run away

To another galaxy, you know

You know she's in love with me

She will go anywhere I go

As I sang, I wished if I was going to ask for Ellie's hand in marriage (if we lasted that long) that her dad would approve if not right away, I wanted to at least get him thinking twice. I wish he wasn't difficult. But in this case, I'll be talking to Delia instead of him.

"Delia," I called out before starting on the prechorus. She was on the VIP box that night with Ellie. "Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life?" I sang. The crowd let out a whoop of approval, and so did Delia. "Get it, Toby!" said Riley before singing the chorus again.

We ended the song, moving on to a faster one. Connor started playing Dangerous, and everybody in the crowd started singing along as he did. It wasn't long til my part was coming on.

I thought she was just so innocent

And from the start I was giving in

She's such a wreck and I can't forget

That oooh she's so dangerous!

We played two more songs after Dangerous before we played another cover, and decided to introduce the fans to a newly written song. "This one's called Three Perfect Days!" I said. I sang most of the parts this time since Riley said I deserved it, and that it was a pretty personal song for me. I looked at Ellie in the crowd as I sang, "I'd do it all again, even if I knew it would end." She gave me a smile and continued jamming to the song.

Okay, now this was really it. "Okay, so you guys heard before we all started this band, we were all in our own respective places. Connor was a workaholic, I was in college, Thomas slacked off in all of his jobs and Toby was a theatre freak," Riley said, introducing the encore. "No I was not. It was detention," I argued. "Okay, Toby was in detention. But anyway, right now, we're going to throw it back to that time, where the other guys and I weren't around Toby all the time to see how he was improving because somebody would've much rather have help running both his song numbers and lines with a person with a uterus," said Riley. "A person with a uterus, dang, Riley, what was that called again?" Connor asked.