3.11 The Trial

He was going to deal with this.

He wouldn't hurt his loved ones anymore.

To hell with subtlety and care, all the careful planning was just running down his fingers. He had an idea of what he could be trying to hide in a cave. He would struck him there.

A piece of his soul.

--------

Balthazar's body had been removed from the park. All muggles who came upon his lifeless form were obliviated.

Crystal was called as a witness in a trial.

Loretta Bones, a Death Eater, turned herself in. She asked for shelter for her sister, whom she recently rescued. Mirella was to be sent away, become a student of Ilvermorny, change her name and live a life with some unknown aunt.

For the public, the Bones lineage was exterminated with the prison of Loretta.

Locked away for the rest of her life, while all of her relatives were dead. Killed by Death Eaters, too.

Thus, the trial of Loretta Bones took place in a rather secretive fashion. Crystal spoke during trial about things from her point of view. She answered any question honestly and soon was free to go.

But Loretta requested a private conversation with Crystal.

It was allowed, but it needed to be brief.

.
.
.

Loretta was resting her hands on the table, her disheveled appearance showing a slight improvement. She followed Crystal with her eyes, but didn't move her head. She waited until she sat by the table, in front of her.

"I'm relieved you were able to save your sister." Crystal spoke, plainly.

"I did my best... They promised me she would be safe..." Her voice trailed off before she could continue. "I... I killed him."

"You did." Crystal nodded.

"Deep down I... I didn't want to kill, but..." She looked down. "I made you have your fair share of disgrace, I wouldn't let him kill you."

Silence.

"I should have listened to you before, you tried-"

"You knew about how he assaulted me over jealousy, how could you keep pursuing him?!"

"I know... I... I regret what I have done, they all convinced me it was an important organization, if not sonewhat silly... Since we were protected inside the castle grounds the reality of war didn't feel... Real."

"Everyone thought it silly, yet almost no one wanted to prove it wrong."

"If you could forgive me, we could be friends again, close again."

Crystal almost jumped on her chair.

"What?" She asked in disbelief. "You know everything you've done to me, and as far as I know you were not under Imperio. I understand you might have been coerced to do things..."

"Mostly, yes."

"I can forgive you, but I won't forget and I'm not dumb, Loretta. Our time is over, you made it that way!"

Crystal got up, she half expected Loretta to ask her to stop, but she only mumbled that she understood. Crystal stormed off. Once outside, he started pacing in front of the building.

-------

Remus had been waiting outside. He had offered to accompany her since the whole situation was quite intense. They would head out to another building soon after, as the group wanted to talk about something.