OCEAN EYES.

OCEAN EYES
[ arthur curry ]

AND, HER HEART WAS THE BEST PART,
IT WOULD ALWAYS CALM THE STORM
FOR THOSE WHO WERE AFRAID OF
A LITTLE RAIN.❞ | r.m. drake

━━ HER FASCINATION WITH THE SEA STARTED WHEN SHE WAS YOUNG

━━ HER FASCINATION WITH THE SEA STARTED WHEN SHE WAS YOUNG. Curious brown eyes would devour the ocean whole as she ran through the warm sand with her father close behind. Her house was only a block away from the coast and she found herself spending most of her free time there. She had learned how to swim before she hit double digits, and learned how to professionally surf before she entered high school. Her whole life revolved around the sea, but she didn't mind. Robyn Dion adored the sea and that fact would never change.

But, despite her love for the beach, Robyn despised Amnesty Bay. She hated the small town and she hated Maine. She felt suffocated in Amnesty Bay where everyone knew everyone and Robyn wanted so much more. Fortunately for her, a man named Samuel Parker, noticed her extraordinary talent for surfing and offered to sponsor her and her matches. So, she took it. She packed her bags and kissed her family and Amnesty Bay goodbye.

Things were perfect for the longest time. Robyn won every single match ━━ the ocean always being on her side ━━ and gained more fame and wealth as time went by. Samuel stayed and sponsored her and helped her with every step of the way. However, tragedy struck on April 9th. It started off as a typical day and Robyn was getting ready for the last round of championships. For the first time, the championship was being held in Amnesty Bay. Her family and friends were all there to support her. Robyn wanted to make them proud so she got on her surfboard and headed towards the incoming wave.

It had happened so fast. In mere milliseconds, the sun had went away and dark, angry thunderstorms formed in the skies, almost as if Zeus himself had come down to punish them. Robyn was in the middle of the wave when lightning has struck the water. Robyn lost control and had a complete wipe out. Her body had collided with the nearby rock formations and completely torn up her right leg.

The storm made it impossible for people to go out and look for her. However, Robyn wasn't alone. Someone, or something, had pulled her out of the water and into a nearby underwater cave. They took care of her wound and made sure that she wouldn't bleed out. The damage to her leg was severe and it was tough to say whether Robyn would be able to walk properly. But, there was one thing that everyone knew for sure ━━ surfing was out of the question.

It took two days for the storm to clear. Most assumed that Robyn Dion had been swallowed by the sea and was forever gone. Her partner, Samuel, had taken all the money and run off. The search party began their search, but were hesitant. Her parents had already lost their daughter before to the outside world and now they had lost her to the sea ━━ the only thing that brought them together. The small town was devastated over the news of Robyn's supposive death. But, they're quickly proven wrong when an unconscious Robyn appears at the front doors of the local hospital.