Chap. 16 | Cupcakes|

Kit was enraged. What was happening to her life?

Vincent was slipping away from her and spending time with Zara's wretched sister.

Her clients were always cancelling contracts and rushing to partner up with her rivals.

Her life was basically falling apart. Now this? Now Nova was in trouble.

Her sweet, adorable Nova.

Why was all of this happening to her? She stopped in front of the primary school building and got out.

Locking the door, she trudged up to the building, her nostrils flaring.

Her gorgeous boots trampled the ground furiously. When Kit reached the principal's office, she didn't bother knocking.

"Good afternoon Mrs Kingsman." Mrs Bloomsbury said tartly.

Kit nodded in reply. She scanned the whole office until her eyes landed on a scowling Nova.

She glared at her daughter and mouthed the words, "we'll talk about this later."

"Take a seat Mrs Kingsman." Mrs Bloomsbury motioned for Kit to sit down.

Kit took a seat and directed her attention to the uptight woman in front of her.

"Did you see my e-mail?" The dragon-lady asked.

"Yes I did. I'm appalled by my daughter's behaviour." Kit said, looking at her wrist watch.

Mrs Bloomsbury raised her brows. "You certainly don't look it."

Kit rolled her eyes.

"Anyway. Nova here has always been a good student, good units and a wonderful personality. We were all surprised when she punched Matthew Mendoza this morning." The dragon-lady said, with a look of shock on her face.

"Did you ask her why she punched the boy?" Kit scoffed.

"Well. It has come to our attention that Mr Mendoza has been bullying her for quite some time now." The dragon-lady blushed in embarrassment.

"And you were surprised that she beat him up?" Kit scoffed.

"Mrs Kingsman! Beating up a child is not right." The dragon-lady hissed.

"So bullying a grade five student is okay?" Kit spat.

"Your daughter must apologise to Mr Mendoza or else she'll be suspended." The dragon-lady said tartly.

"You better start typing the suspension slip Mrs Bloomsbury." Kit said acidly.

🍃🌹🍃

Nova gulped when she looked at her mother's scowling face.

"Are you mad?" She asked weakly.

"Of course I am! You beat up a kid!" Kit shouted, as she made a turn.

"He is not a kid. He's in seventh grade!" Nova defended herself.

"Why didn't you tell us that you were being bullied?!" Kit exclaimed.

"You and dad are either always arguing or too busy." Nova sighed.

Kit's face relaxed, she let out a resigned sigh. "I'm so sorry Nova," she said weakly.

"It doesn't matter, I can take of myself." Nova said, as she got out of the car and slammed the door.

Kit watched as her only daughter bounded up the stairs and ran into the mansion.

What was happening to her family?

🍃🌹🍃

"Suspended huh?" Zara chuckled.