Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

It's been days since the night Dagur first put me in this hell he calls a cage. He wants me to be my old self but how can I do that? I'm unworthy of anything. I'm unworthy of hiccup. I'm unworthy of being a bride. I'm unworthy of life it's self. I wish he would just leave a knife so I could end this already. So today's the day I end it all. While in deep thought, Dagur walks in and smiles.

"Hello pet I have great news! In two day you will be walking down the aisle. Aren't you excited?" He asked as he sat down on the bed.

"Ecstatic!" I said with very little emotion.

"Aw pet, what's wrong?" He said as he laid on his side, next to me.

"Nothings wrong. I'm fine." I said still laiding on my back looking at the sky.

"I know you're not." He said putting his arms around me, and kissing my shoulder.

"I'm ok." I said trying to not make it sound like I'm going to cry.

"No you're not. Tell me what on your mind." He said and I moved onto my side to face him.

"I want to.. be alone right now." I said.

"You're alone with me and I didn't get to talk to you all day. Please tell me." He said and I smile.

"I want you to kill me right now." I said and the look of fear in his eyes.

"I'm not going to do that." He said, pulling me closer into a hug.

"Why not think of it as a wedding gift." I said almost in tears.

"Cause I love you to much." He said.

"But if you truly loved me then I wouldn't be up here and You wouldn't be so afraid of me!" I said pulling away and sitting up.

"I'm not afraid of you." He said sitting up too.

"Then why do you keep me up here? Why do you only see me once a day?" I asked getting up.

"I'm chief, you know that. I have many things to take care of in the village. You of all people should understand that. And I kept you in here so you could go dragon any time and not to mention you ran away again. Which was rule number 1." He said.

"I left that night to save your people. I was trying to help!" I said.

"That wasn't helping. I had to explain to everyone that what they saw was an illusion." He said and I looked away from him.

"I'll never be the perfect bride for you." I said.

"You are the perfect bride you just need a positive attitude in your life!" He said and I looked back at him.

"I want to go back." I said.

"Go back?" He asked

"To berk." I said.

"To see hiccup." He said disappointed and a little angry.

"Nevermind. I just want to get out of here. I can stand it. I hate this thing." I said and threw my crown. He looked at me.

"Sarah you won't be in here much longer once our wedding is done you'll stay with me in the village and you can go anywhere!" He said as he walked over and put his arms around my waist.

"I want out." I said.

"You will be?" He said.

"No I mean I want out of this marriage." I said pushing him off me and walked a little more away.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"All my life ive lived on rules and I had a taste of freedom at Berk and I want more. This marriage is a lie. You don't love me and it's just made of fear and violence. I don't want to life like this all my life." I said sitting down at the table.