Chapter 31

Brooke stared at the tv screen as James and Gia stared at her, waiting for a reaction.

When Brooke finally snapped out of it, James asked her what they should do.

"Nothing. I mean, he hasn't tried to contact me and if he does, we'll alert the authorities." Brooke stated.

"You'd turn him in?" James murmured. Brooke stared at him before shrugging her shoulders.

"Why wouldn't I?"

James stared at her for a moment, contemplating whether or not he should explain but he decides not to.

"We should expect a call from Thomas soon. He'll want to know if we've seen him and where he might be headed." James finally stated.

Brooke pursed her lips as she began thinking about where Scott could be headed. Would he try and find her? Would he show up at her house? What if he was stalking her?

All of these thoughts coursed through Brooke's mind as Gia and James made small talk. Abruptly, Brooke got up and left the room without saying anything.

She began walking off campus but she didn't know exactly where she was going until her phone began to ring.

"Where are you?" James asked.

Brooke glanced around and noticed she was in front of a riverbank.

"Um... Charles River."

"Ok I'll be there in a few."

Then he hung up. Brooke had no idea why she had walked here but then again, her mind was elsewhere so she had no idea what she was doing in the first place.

She couldn't stop thinking about Scott being free. Why would he do that? Brooke knew that as soon as he was caught, he was going to be locked away in solitary for a while and it pained her to think of why he could possibly do what he was doing.

"Hey..." James spoke quietly behind her. She whipped around and stared at him with a blank face.

"I'm sorry. I don't know why I just up and left. My mind was elsewhere to be honest."

James shook his head and told her to stop apologizing.

"It's fine, I can completely understand."

"But why?" James asked abruptly.

Brooke paused for a moment before shrugging her shoulders.

"I don't know. I mean, is this really happening right now?" Is he really out of prison? What if he tries to get in contact with me? What do I do? What do I say?"

James shrugged before running a hand through his hair, slightly messing it up.

"We just need to go about our everyday lives as if this didn't happen. If you see him, pretend you don't know him or walk away." James advised. Brooke didn't want to do either of these things but she had to. It was the only way she could finally cut ties with Scott and keep herself out of trouble.

"Ok."

James smiled before kissing her on her forehead, wrapping his arm around her waist and tugging her along, back to campus.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

It's been two weeks since Scott broke out of prison and the country is still buzzing about it.

Brooke, Natasha and Gia were all in a hotel room in Las Vegas, getting ready to go out.

Neither of the girls had mentioned Scott once, only the upcoming events which resulted in Brooke and James getting married.