A Flashback, Some Waffles, and an Already Doomed Love Story

But before I tell you about that sappy love story, I have to tell you about my band. Or should I say ex-band since I'm not with them anymore? But anyhow, We were playing a basement gig for some chick who dug our bass player, Brad. Wow, Brad really sounds like a bonehead name, I guess it was his name because he was a bonehead. We had too many drinks, well everyone but me. I stay away from beer because I don't need to be alcoholic. But that's when Brad came up with "That idea".  Everyone was too drunk to care that it was an extremely bad idea. 

He said this "Were running outta beer, Let's steal some." everyone just mumbled in agreement but I and the drums, Jim disagreed.  See Jim was going to be in the army and this was his last gig. He did not want to be kicked out because of rowdy behavior. He was nineteen with a good future. But let's stop talking about Jim let's talk about Brad's screw up. I never saw what happen because I went with Tim to my home. But a group of guys which included Brad, his brother Brendon and the guitar player Peter, walked into a convince store. They ran grabbed the beer and ran outside. They were drunk so this was incredibly loud which alerted the clerk, who called the cops. When your drunk you don't run fast. They were arrested, said they were guilty and are still on probation. Brad and Peter hate my guts now, Jim is in Iran or Afghanistan or wherever in the middle east where he they sent him. and it is only a one-man band now.  Oh, and if you were wondering the band name was "Six shoota gun". 

Now back to the present. The chick who was eating waffles was drop dead gorgeous, I guess it was love at first sight. For me, only. She never saw me because she was too busy talking to a friend who was a waitress. Oh, I forgot to tell what she looks like, She had cocoa like skin and twilight like hair. Her eyes I could drown in, she was beautiful. God dang it, I'm being obsessive. But anyway I flashed back to reality and started to talk to John. 

"So, mind if I just walk around town? I won't get in trouble or anything, just want to see what's around." I asked with a bit of nerve in my voice. I was interested in what this town held, I'm stuck in it for a few weeks. As for the nerve in my voice, that girl just took away everything from me.

"Sure, just meet back here like 4:30. You got it?" He said back. Once I finished my breakfast, I waved goodbye to John and went out the front door. I felt a pair of eyes watching me as I left. 

The town was interesting, they had an old arcade in the back of a laundry mat and a coffee shop that had a stage and wackos around. what I mean by wackos, I'm talking about the ones who say they've been abducted by rock people. A bit weird but all right. I mean I don't just wake up in the morning and say 'Ah, I hope I'm not abducted by rock people who eat brains,'. Guess its because I just don't live in Brass Cove. But anyhow, It was two o'clock when I felt a touch on my shoulder. I turned around as soon as I felt because I usually run when I get tapped by random people. But when I turned around it wasn't some six-foot dude, just the waitress who talked to, her. Okay, I gotta smack myself, back to the story. 

"Hey, you came in with John. Is he your grandpa or something?" she asked with a bit of curiosity in her tone. She had a smirk as she figured me out already like I was a science experiment.

"Nah, he dates my grandma, you know John?" I look nothing like John, I think she was just trying to make sure that John was not like a mad kidnapper or something. She clicks her tongue a bit, she changed out of her waitress uniform and was wearing overall type shorts with a pink shirt underneath, she had those harry potter glasses that those kids who think that they are cute and deep wear, she looked nice in them though.

"He comes in every morning but Sunday, he's a lot like everyone old in the town. So who are you?" It's a bit weird for someone to ask too many questions but hey, she must not meet many people. Even though Brass Cove was a beach town, it was small and less visited because its beach is not as open as other more popular towns. The beaches were still there but you had to know a path to get down there.

"I'm Jake, my parents left me with my grandma while they took my sis to a cruise."  Woah that was just a little bit bitter. Did I really care that much about a cruise trip? 

"That's a bit cold but alright," she answered. Yes, I was angry about them leaving me here,  did they really not want to deal with me? Why did they did not try to argue with me when I decided to not go or why did they not leave me in our house, there was stuff to do there.

"Well I'm Rebecca, the girl you were checking out is Lily," she said slyly. She was too smart for her own good.

"Oh wait you noticed?" I yelped. 

"Well everyone checks her out, you seem more spineless then most." Oh crap, I just got told up by someone who knew me for 2 minutes. Woah so that's the time it takes for to see that I'm a wimp? 

"Oh alright," I added, backing up a bit. I mean why do people have to be so, mean, you know? Like you just don't straight up tell someone that they are a spineless coward.

"Hey, I'll introduce you to her, on Sunday, new bands meet up. Which is at the coffee shop at five," she said sensing me about to bolt. 

"Okay I'll be there." now she was walking away. A band meet up? Could she read minds too or something like that?

She makes two finger guns, points them at me and yells "Be there early!" 

I yell back "Okay," and walk back to the dinner. I order a soda and some fries and wait for John to show up. The fries were good and the seats were comfortable enough. Eventually, John picks me up and asks how was the town. I say it was pretty neat and we drive back to my grandmother's house. We had lasagna and I go to bed after watching some 70s movie about some kids getting high and throwing parties.

(um, hi. how are you? hope your having a good day. bye now.)