Do Us Part

Seita eased himself as he played with his wedding ring. He shifted the gold band back and forth on his finger, and then finally taking it off to look at the inscription inside. “Love you forever and always—Ari.” He smiled at it, turning it over and over again in his fingers. It was one of his most precious possessions in the world now. He only got it today, at the wedding, and Ari was sitting right next to him on their sweetheart table, chuckling at Seita’s concentrated face. Seita turned his head, to look at Ari’s smiling face, which made him smile.

“You planning to cheat on me already Seita?” Ari asked, his hands laced together, and he rested them against his head. Seita shook his head.

“No, never. Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever,” Seita started, but was cut off by Ari’s laughter.

“Geez Sei, I was only joking…,” Ari said, reaching out for Seita’s hand and taking it in his. His wedding ring was still on there, and he didn’t seem to want to take it off anytime soon. Seita smiled.

“Sorry babe,” Seita said, while eyeing Ari up and down. He looked really good today, deliciously so. He kept smiling the whole time, which was a plus, but hot damn, Ari in a suit was a sight to be seen. Lord have mercy! It was slim-fit luxury Italian three-piece suit, and Seita could take it off whenever they both willed. Seita smiled to himself about that, Ari was the best looking thing here… He stopped staring at one point, and quenched the dryness of his throat with the glass of water sitting right there. He was so nervous, or rather anxious for their new future. Marriage was always a scary thing for him once he actually knew what it meant, but this was right, it was, and he felt it deep down. Ari squeezed his hand, and Seita looked up at him.

“Hey, let’s go greet everyone okay?” Ari said, standing up. Seita nodded, and stood up with him, his hand still in Ari’s. Seita walked in front and roamed around the room, seeing who to say hi to. They only really wanted a small intimate wedding for the two, so they only really invited only two hundred for the occasion. Seita’s family was here, so was Mathew and Heather, Greg was here too, so was Dean. And as much as Ari didn’t get along with his family, he invited his parents, Ari and Seita hadn’t seen either of them. Ari wasn’t really too hung up about it, but that could’ve been him masking his emotions. They walked smiling greeting, asking how things were, and making small talk. Seita never let go of Ari’s hand the whole time.

“Hey Mathew, you planning on getting hitched soon?” Seita asked, watching his blank face. Mathew looked up at Seita with pleading eyes, and looked over at Heather, who was sitting next to him talking about something.

“Mm, my rock? It’ll be fine, I’m pretty sure that you’ll find the right one for me. Of course, I’ll love it either way. I would be fine with having nothing either.” Ah, the marriage talk, Seita said to himself. Mathew was dying, he looked up at Seita, and Seita could read Mathew’s eyes. He was saying, “help”. Seita chuckled, help a friend out right?

“Heather, you know, I think you should go for a strapless dress for your wedding, hey, I’ll even pay for it,” Seita said, looking over at Mathew with a grin on his face. Heather jumped up and down in her chair, according to Mathew, Heather couldn’t resist something if it was free.

“Oh really?! You think I’d look good in strapless? I try not to go there, you know, being well-endowed and all.”  Mathew gave Heather a look.

“Heather!” Mathew scolded.

“What? It’s obvious. And besides, he’s married, so it’s not a problem.” Seita laughed to himself, looks like someone’s nerves were on edge… Seita winked at Mathew, you blushed and gave Seita a “fuck you, and you’re paying for that goddamned dress” look with his eyes and lips. Seita laughed to himself, as he watched Mathew gulp down his drink.