Chapter 9

A/N this chapter may be triggering for people who are sensitive to self harm and bullying. Please be advised when reading this chapter. Thank you! ❤️
———————————————————————
*Jade's POV

The rest of the week after our date was great. Colby was so sweet and everyone else was so supportive. Well, almost everyone. My DM's on Instagram and Twitter were filled with threats from Colby and Sam's fans. I was able to ignore it the first few days but it slowly started to get worse. Maybe tagging each other wasn't such a good idea.

I decided to go talk about it with Corey and Devyn since we'd become pretty close friends. Showing them the messages gave me such bad anxiety because some of the fans found out about my past with self harming myself. They were shocked to see how bad the threats were. Luckily they were so supportive and let me know that they were there for me if I ever needed to talk.

Sam and Colby were in different states checking out venues for their tour. Colby and I texted every night but I didn't mention anything about the threats because I wanted to talk about it in person. They would be gone for the next week. Hopefully the threats would calm down after the next couple of days.

*Time Skip

Boy was I wrong. The threats didn't stop at all. They only got worse. So bad that Jake and Aaron started noticing and checking up on me everyday. Especially Jake.

Everything slowly became uncontrollable. I tried turning off my notifications but that didn't help. I stopped being able to control my emotions. I broke down crying every night in the shower and in bed. One night it was so bad that Jake and Corey came into my room to try and comfort me. I felt so bad that they had to do this. I was selfish.

Crazy thoughts came back into my head just like we were in Kansas again. I found myself at Walgreens buying blades. I swore I wouldn't use them again but I couldn't help it. It was the only thing I had control of in my life.

*Jake's POV

After reading some of the comments on Jade's other Instagram posts, I can see the toll it's taken on her. There's nights where I can hear her crying herself to bed. I can't help but worry that she's going to start hurting herself again. She has been doing so good. She threw away all her blades before we left for LA. I'm going to have to keep an eye on her for the next few days until Colby comes back.

Jade had left this morning to get groceries but she hasn't come back yet. I got worried and tried to call her. She didn't pick up so I decided to text her.

———————————————————————
Jake:
Hey where are you?
Jake:
Jade!
Jade:
I'm coming back.
———————————————————————
Jake:
Guys you need to come
home. I'm worried about
Jade. She's been crying
herself to sleep every
night. Corey, Devyn, and
Aaron have been trying to
help her too buts it getting
worse.
Colby:
What?! Why didn't anyone
tell me?
Sam:
We're coming back now.
Where is she?
Colby:
Jake!
Jake:
Relax she's coming back
from getting groceries
Jake:
I'm worried guys
Sam:
Don't let her out of your sight.
———————————————————————
*Jade's POV

I snuck in the house behind Jake while he was texting. I quickly ran upstairs into the bathroom and locked it. My back turned to wall and I faced the mirror. My body sunk to the floor and I pulled out the blades. Immediately I started crying.

All the comments played over and over in my head. Trying not to make noise, I stuffed my mouth with a small towel. I grabbed the blades and started cutting my arms.

*Jake's POV

I looked out the window to look for Jade's car but it was already there. Panic ran through by brain and I questioned how she snuck passed me.

I bolted upstairs and ran to our bathroom. I could hear her crying. Hearing this made me tear up. I ran to Corey and Devyn's room to help me try and get Jade out of the bathroom.

"Corey! Devyn!" I screamed almost crying. "She's in the bathroom and she won't open the door" I continued. I guess they already knew that she cut herself back in Kansas because they came running out of the room, straight to the bathroom.

- that's the end of chapter 9! Just a little cliffhanger.
See you next time and thanks for watching 💛 -