Chapter 49 Here For Her When She Needs Me

Two days slowly passed by, but to everyone the two days felt like centuries. Callein went back to the C3 base as she said she would. The Servamps eve's had to leave as well. Most of them had to attend school, it was the end of the short break. Ririi as well had to leave, to her dismay, she had to finish college. She told everyone at the hotel to keep her informed if Rose woke up, sadly nothing changed in Rose's health. Ririi worried if Rose would ever be the same.

The hotel was quiet for those two days-no one was themselves. Not even Lawless who was always giddy. The battle between Rose and her siblings took a toll on everyone. It was the waiting game from then on, everyone waited for Rose to wake up from her death like state; that is, if she would ever wake up.

It was a quiet Tuesday, the birds chirped outside but everything was silent in the hotel. The unbearable silence was enough to make someone go crazy, Lily cleared his throat catching everyone's attention. "If I may, has anyone seen Ririi?"

Mikuni nodded and motioned to the door "she should be arriving from college shortly." Lily nodded and looked towards the door "Misono should be arriving as well. I find it a little funny how Ririi never seen Misono before all of this- even though they go to the same school." "But they are in different wings of the school Lily, Ririi is in the college wing why Misono is in the high school wing." Lily nodded and watched as the door swung open revealing a proud Misono and a tired Ririi.

"Well everyone I passed my finals, but I'm drained..." Ririi threw her bags on the floor and slumped on the couch. Mikuni chuckled at his girlfriend and sat down beside her "That much work all for an A?" Ririi nodded and looked up at Mikuni, "how's Rose? Any news?"

Mikuni shook his head, but Lily was the one who spoke, "nothing has changed. Tsubaki is still watching over her. I don't believe he's left her side this entire time." Ririi sighed and held Mikuni's doll close to her chest.

She felt terrible for what she did to Tsubaki, he was only trying to help. Ririi gritted her teeth and small tears spilled onto the floor. "I took part in killing Rose...he corrupted me and made me turn on her. She's my best friend but I betrayed her...and now, thanks to me, Callein and Ratchet Rose is fighting for her life..." Ririi started to cry uncontrollably. She quickly got up from her spot on the couch and made her way to the assigned room she was given.

Misono was about to run after her but Mikuni grabbed his younger brothers shoulder "You need to start on your homework." Misono growled in annoyance. "She's my friend too Mikuni." Mikuni felt Jeje wrap his snake tail around his arm while Jeje's tiny snake head nuzzled against his master's cheek. "I'll go make sure she's okay. Just stay here Misono." Mikuni quietly got up and walked towards Ririi's assigned room.

"Ririi?" Mikuni knocked on the door and entered the room to find Ririi laying on her bed asleep with Abel in one hand. "my poor darlin'." Mikuni sighed and looked down at Jeje who was already slithering his way over to Ririi. Jeje changed back into his human form and tucked Ririi into bed. He and Ririi had become close over the time she was at the mansion. He came to understand that Rose was her first friend that she came face to face with.

His tears were hidden behind the bag that covered his face. He knew fully well how much pain Ririi was going through. "How can someone become that crazy? I don't understand how Ratchet could whole heartedly kill his sister in cold blood." Jeje gently placed Abel beside Ririi's cheek. "I don't quite know Jeje. But, all I know is Ririi is upset, and I don't know what to do about it. Rose won't wake up."

"You do nothing Mikuni." Tsurugi was standing in the door frame. his slim figure was hidden behind his signature C3 Straightjacket. "No One can do anything. all we need to do is hope her little friend gets better." Mikuni looked towards him, eyeing his every move "Tsurugi...why are you here?" "C3 sent me over to see if the off-brand has progressed any, but I take it that she hasn't?"

Mikuni nodded and looked down from him, he never truly liked Tsurugi-Even when they worked together in C3, but one thing was for sure, Tsurugi did understand him. "Ririi almost got killed the other day and I would never forgive myself if she was killed especially on my watch. She lived because of Rose's sister...I am grateful for that, but at the same time I wish I could have done something to prevent it from all happening..."

Tsurugi nodded and looked down towards his feet. Something was off about him today. Could he possibly feel regret? Sadness? "Just know if you ever need anything Mikuni I'm here for you." Without another word Tsurugi left the room.

"Don't be so hard on yourself Mikuni. You did everything that you could." Mikuni looked down to see Ririi smiling slightly at him. She wiped away her dried tears and gently put her hands on his. "It wasn't your fault I was taken control of by that monster, I honestly did not realize he could take control of my emotions like that, so that was my fault. I also know Rose will get better. She's strong in more ways than one. she's going to get through this and come back to us. I might not be her eve anymore, but I can and will be here for her when she needs me."