P r o l o g u e

The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling.

- Lucretius

××××××××××××××××××××

The war has ended.

It was almost midnight and the pitch black sky was raining awfully heavy and the rivers were strong and flooding. It is as if the Gods and Goddesses are crying and mourning over the loss of their creations -- their people -- just because of the wars they have started themselves.

In the kingdom of Marseille, King Emerson Valliere just arrived at the border gates and even though it was midnight and raining, that didn't stop the kingdom's people from going out into the rain to welcome back the brave warriors and their king marching inside the gates towards the center of four towns where the castle resides. When King Emerson arrived at the castle, he stopped when he reached the last step of the stair.

"To the people of Marseille, my deepest apology to all of the family members who have lost a father, a brother and, " The king looked at his elite warrior who was biting on his lips to stop the tears from falling. The king inhaled deeply before continuing, "a grandfather on this war." The elite warrior, Zaccheus, was now silently sobbing.

"The heaven is crying with us all to whom we have all lost so dearly. May all of the brave souls find peace with the Gods and Goddesses." There was a moment of silence until,

"Your majesty! Your majesty!" A maid was rushing down the stairs. Before the maid could go to the king, Zaccheus stopped her. The two of them talked for a couple of seconds when Zaccheus nodded and ushered the maid back inside the castle.

"What is that all about?" The king asked immediately.

"It seems that the strong rain is not only because of the loss of our dear loved ones."

"What is the meaning of this? Cease the riddles, I am your king! " The king was very worried now.

"The queen is giving birth and this time, according to the royal element teller," Zaccheus was smiling genuinely, forgetting half the pain of losing his beloved grandfather.

"It's to a strong water wielder, by the looks of the weather right now. Possibly this time, surpassing the Great Queen Meredith III."

Now this made the people erupt in cheer. But that was short-lived when the Queen screamed.

————————————————————

Hi everyone! Welcome to my story.
As much as I love to know that I have many silent readers, I would really appreciate also the effortless votes and comments that you can give me to boost my inspirations.

Yes, you! All of you readers are my inspirations. Please keep them all coming.
🙏🙏🙏

Love 💖,
💐 Millie Neons