Has My Heart Found Its Destination?

Gilbert's POV

Everybody was looking at me but I didn't care. I quickly got up and stood next to Anne. Even though, I was upset with her. That doesn't change the fact that I care deeply about her. I decided not to make any physical contact in fear that I would get rejected.

I looked down at her and I realized that she was already looking up at me. She held my right hand with her left one and took a deep breath. As she looked at Josie.

"How do we know you didn't write this?" asked Cole, trying to clear our names.

"You're not friendliest and you are obviously obsessed with Gilbert." continued Brian.

Anne looked at me and I nodded as we silently agreed at what we would do next.

"She is telling the truth." I said.

"Give me my paper." demanded Anne as she let go of my hand.

Josie wasn't giving it back. She just laughed sarcastically and put it above her head. Whilst she saw Anne straggling to get it.

"Give it back, Josie." said a voice.

I turned to my left and saw Ruby.

"It won't happen, Ruby. She stole your man. Aren't you angry?" said Josie, annoyingly.

"You mean she stole your man. I never liked Gilbert. You did. Then, you fell out of love with Gilbert and in love with Billy. So, stop putting me into your mess and give me the paper." said Ruby as she got closer to her.

"No."

"I won't say it for the third time..." said Ruby and Josie gave it back and walked away while saying "loser".

Then, Ruby walked up to us and gave me the paper.

"I'm more into guys that I can learn something from." said Ruby as she shrugged and walked away.

"I have just the guy for you then." I said.

Josie went to hug Billy, but Billy slowly pulled away with a disappointed look on his face.

"Okay. Show is over. Get back to your seats." said Charlie.

Diana scoffed.

Here we go...

"If you have something to say just say it love." said Charlie as he walked up to her.

Me and Anne went towards my seat.

"I don't know what to say to someone who said that I was the only one for him and later I found out that he cheated." said Diana as she shrugged.

"One show ended and another one began. Does anybody have any popcorn?" asked Moody.

"You know I love you. Why would I kiss someone who wasn't you? If I was madly in love with you?" asked Charlie, defeated.

"L-Love?" asked Diana.

"Didn't I already tell you?" asked Charlie as he started to get worried.

"No." said Diana.

"Wait..." said Billy.

Everybody turned and looked at him.

"Josie planed the whole thing. She actually asked a random girl to kiss Charlie in order to ruin everything for you. So, it will be easier to ruin it for Anne and Gilbert as well." finished Billy and Charlie looked down.

"I-I love you too." said Diana. Charlie immediately looked up and he smiled widely at her as well as hugged her tightly as they laughed, being happy in each other's arms.

I turned and looked at Anne. Why couldn't we be like that? Was our destiny to be just really good friends?

"Are we okay?" I asked her.

"I'm glad I met you." said Anne.

"Well, it's hard to not be glad, it's me we are talking about." I said pointing at myself.

"I lied when I said that I wasn't glad that I met you..." continued Anne.

I just looked at her with a soft smile and brought her in my arms.

"I-I love you." stuttered Anne.

It was like my heart suddenly had wings and it started to fly. My stomach was a mess and I couldn't stop smiling. I hid my face in her shoulder.

"And I love you." if only you knew how much.

I looked up and I met Charlie's smug smile and I immediately looked away and I came across Cole's knowing smile, then Brian's smirk. So, I decided to just bring Anne closer to me and close my eyes.

I felt at peace. Only she was able to do this. No one else. That's why I loved hugging her. When, we kissed my heart started to jump from happiness. It was like it was whispering to me 'It's her'. But, I knew that it was her from the moment I saw her that day at the river.

"Gil?"

"Yes?"

"Do we hug too much?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Well, I think we don't hug enough."

I said as I stared swinging her from left to right.

"Okay. Lovebirds let's go." said Diana.

Gilbert shook his head though.

"I think we need to talk to Ruby." said Anne.

"I'll go talk to her and you should go talk to Billy with Diana. He is the reason Charlie and her are back together." I said as I let go.

She nodded and her and Diana left.

"She's just a friend." mimicked Cole.

"Oh shush. It was a friendly I love you." I answered as I blushed and turned to go to talk to Ruby. When, I decided to turn and say one last thing.

"You shouldn't talk about me and my 'love life' when you can't even tell the guy you like that you like them. I definitely won't say who. But, you know what they say. Right, Brian?" I said and quickly walked away from them and towards Ruby.

"Hey Ruby." I said as I approached her.

"Hey Gilbert." said Ruby with a kind smile.

"I would like to say thank you for helping us."

"You and Anne are wonderful people and just because you are new, doesn't mean you should be treated bad." said Ruby as she patted me on the shoulder.

"I would love to be friends." I said.

"Only if you greet me to that guy you mentioned earlier." said Ruby as she lightly pushed me.

"Deal." I chuckled and shook her hand.

As soon as we let go. I heard a voice...

"Look it's the redhead freckled witch and her prince charming."

What was your favourite thing about this chapter? ♥