"I'm a God."

Annabeth POV

"Time of death, 7:47 pm."

There was a silence in the room. No one spoke a word, just the sound of the flatline.

Annabeth stood frozen. That couldn't have just happened. Percy'd been completely fine only seconds ago. Only seconds ago had he been speaking. Only seconds ago had he been breathing. Only seconds ago had he been smiling.

Only seconds ago had he been living.

Of course, Annabeth knew she and Percy might die young. They were demigods, so it was a very real possibility. But never did it seem real. And never did she think it would happen like this.

Thor walked to Percy's bed. He stood there, staring at Percy's body numbly, like he was contemplating a decision. He raised his hammer and a loud rumbling began from the skies. Then, a huge streak of lightning burst through the ceiling and hit the hammer, passing through and slamming Percy in the chest.

Percy gasped and his body jerked up. The heart monitor started beeping again, and the smell of burnt toast filled the room.

Sally let out a sob of relief, and tears rained down her cheeks. There she cried for the first time as she clung to her son who'd just come back from the dead. The demigods and mortals were all so relieved that the Avengers didn't bother asking any questions. Although Annabeth thought she heard Peter mutter, How the hell is Steve's mom still alive?

"How did you do that?" Annabeth asked Thor, tears coming from her own cheeks. She wiped them away with her sleeve.

"I'm a god," he said, pointing to himself. Annabeth saw Poseidon enter the room over Thor's shoulder. The god looked significantly better, but also very confused to see Percy's heart beating on the monitor. He'd probably felt his son's death and come immediately. Nico went over to him, probably to explain. At least that's what Annabeth guessed.

She turned back to Thor. "The Olympians won't appreciate your interference," Annabeth told him.

Thor nodded, glancing at Poseidon. "I know they will be loath of my act, however it was a risk I had to take. I acknowledge that Steve is not who he said, but I do still care for him. As a comrade."

Annabeth smiled. She didn't think Percy would ever realize how many lives he touched. "Well, thank you." Thor nodded and went over to the Avengers.

Will stepped forward. "Thanks to Thor's timely lightning, Percy/Steve is going to be just fine. He needs some rest now. I'd like to limit his visitors for a little while so he doesn't get excited or anything that will raise his blood pressure for now."

Most of the room cleared out except for Sally, Annabeth, Will, and Poseidon. The four sat down next to Percy while the others left. But before the door closed, Annabeth saw Thor exchanging nasty looks with Poseidon.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Peter POV

The Avengers left the infirmary, leaving Steve with Annabeth, his mom, the doctor, and some new guy. They went to the main room of the big house and sat down. They all looked at each other, filled to the brim with confusion and emotion. Clint found a ping pong table and began a vicious match with Natasha to distract himself. The rest kept to themselves. They didn't want to discuss anything for fear that someone would be listening in. After a couple hours, Tony gave up and just said what they were all thinking.

"Nice job Thor," Tony said, breaking the tension. "You got very sparky there."

Thor looked at Tony and nodded. "Yes, however I fear I may have just opened an old argument with some old...friends."