CHAPTER ONE - DEATH KICKS ABOUT WITH THE AXIS OF THE UNIVERSE.

To all who read, 

My names Sunday and i love feedback! Will respond to all of you and/or read anything you throw our way. 

All rights reserved. No part of this work may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without permission expect in the case of brief quotations embodies in critical articles and reviews. This book is a work of fiction, names, characters, places and incidents are either products of the authors imagination or used fictitious. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. No part of this publication can be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without permission in writing from The Author.

CHAPTER ONE - DEATH KICKS ABOUT WITH THE AXIS OF THE UNIVERSE.

The first time we think out the possibility of tragedy falling upon us personally is when you hear about another. It's our first phantom taste, held out on a spoon by Death. You could be the one eating this meal. You could have been the one toed into the ditch or worse, you might have been the one to observe as your loved ones are. 

My first acquaintance with the echo of Death himself happened when i was five, reaching with all my might to make my self six as quickly as possible. I was a month away from that glorious cake topped with it's six candles flickering. Praying for the rain to scamper off to a continent that people probably made their birthday wishes for. I was galloping to the kitchen when i heard Mum and Dads voices, completely off kilter to their usual melodic kitchen chat. I slowed to a creep and rested behind the walls corner, eavesdropping my little ears off. 

"I just can't, Tim, what if it was us? My will states -' Wants cremation and ash thrown to the wind in exotic locale.' Well that’s secure! We haven't got any security! I'd climb right back out of my grave if i thought Adds and Isobel were  set to pinball around the foster systems. We need a plan. We need contingency " The steady whacks of knife hitting board ceased. "Anna, in the unlikely circumstance we did die," My stomach fell through the floor, Die? That word. It was too final to be used in the same sentence of my ever vital parents. "Ant and Is would go to Mum and Pop." A shaky inhale from Mum. "But– that's not going to happen. If anyones leaving this family it's going to be Ant giving me a heart attack right into my makers arms." A sniffle bursted into a weak laugh. "That's not funny." "We'll draw up some papers, meet with a solicitor, establish a contingency plan in the unlikely event of being bumped. Just in case. Annnd with that weighting action behind us we will begin every day with thoughts of longevity, love?"  I didn't here her agree but the silence was warm gaping between them. "Oh christ. Those poor kids." 

This was my cue to walk in, feeling like the axis of the universe had just been kicked about with a few times. "What kids?" "Issy!" Dad let his teeth flash as he ran around the counter bench to scoop me up. "We love you, so mu–" "What kids?" I pushed my self off his chest to get the room my demand needed. Mum stopped chopping carrots and Dad let me fall down to my height again. Mum came from behind the counter wrapped in her strawberry apron and kneeling to my eye level, she pushed the hair falling over my eyes to behind my ears. "Today two kids lost their Mum and Dad in a car accident." 

"Are they okay?" "Yes, the oldest one is fine and the little one just has external injuries. He's just a little scratched up. Issy, You know when i always tell you to keep your seatbelt on in the car, how i always yell if i see you fidgeting with it?" Yes i did. And at that point of time i always wanted to stick my tongue out, open the door, and army roll out. "I just want you to be safe." "Were they not wearing seat belts?" Dad interjects. "No, they were Is, Bad things sometimes just happen. But we can try our best to pillow it when they do. Seat belts can help a whole lot."

"Now go wake your brother up, He'll miss out on all this glorious salad otherwise." I just nodded and coasted out. Out of site was where the warm salty tears started to spill. I didn't want my parents to die. Ever. 

My second echo acquaintance was recently. It was a double period of English but Mrs Connel had allowed us to read. There was the hum of hushed words and muted murmurs passing around but todays was tinted with excitement. Celebrity. "Lilah's so devastated. She hasn't left his side." "Sure, Her boyfriends a town hero." "I heard they were breaking up the night it happened." I positioned my book strategically angled to hopefully obscure me from Mrs Connel and kicked at Sophias ankle. "Oww, was that necessary?" Hissing, she rubbed the spot i'd just kicked, barely kicked. Nudged. "What's everyone whispering about? Delilah Oscaro's Boyfriend?" Delilah was just the sex on legs that our school had the honor of courting. Her boyfriend, though he didn't attend this school was a topic to be discussed. Though i, nor any of my friends had seen him up close, from a distance, picking up Delilah from the curb after school, it was like being a meteor falling too closely into a supernovas gravitational hold. "He's in hospital, he apparently saw a shady guy pull a girl into a alley, got to the scene, got the guy off the girl and she ran and he got his head bashed in by the fucker. He was caught though. Apparently his condition isn't stable but they’re hoping he’ll wake before the court case, if he wakes up at all.Tragedy strikes twice for the Thompson’s left standing." I nodded, Thats right. Beau Thompson the one left standing after climbing from the wreckage of his parents car. Him and his sister were well known for shifting through towns close by from one home to another. There's uncharacteristic sniffles taking up place where satan her self usually was seated. "H-He was just such a good friend. You know he came over like every day when he and Angie had to foster with the O'keeffes, Wills been so upset you know? Losing his best mate. Eruptions of sniffles commenced. I rolled my eyes at Ella Kirkpatrick, She was the soulsucking type to prey on an accident for her own benefit. Actually, looking around, There were many girls with tissues up to their eyes.. Jeesh. the guy wasn't even cold and here they were having that teary glint reflecting inner thoughts ladled with fashionable funeral wear. i couldn't decide if i would Love it or hate it if i was lying in a comatose with adoring admirers thinking of the best shade black for their skin tones.