Chapter thirty-Sapphire blue

{photo by ashhdraws}

After breakfast, everyone was ready to head out and explore. The team opted for a buddy system this time instead of moving as one giant pack.

Lance would go with Allura, Pidge would go with Keith, Shiro would go with Hunk, and Shay would tag along with whoever she wanted to stay with, most likely with Shiro and Hunk.

Lance and Allura were going to one of the many shopping districts, wanting to see what sort of fashion was available at the stores. Pidge and Keith opted to find some sort of technology store. He wanted to be able to sit down and play on his phone while Pidge geeked out with the other nerds in the building.

Shiro, Hunk, and Shay decided to go sightseeing. Pay some respect, enjoy the sunshine and the breeze before they all met up to have lunch.

So! It was a plan. A messy plan, but a plan.

Let's hope it goes well

~

After the two had departed from the train, Allura and Lance began their trek to the shopping mall, enjoying the warmth and sunshine. Allura noticed how Lance was feeling. He was spacey, obviously thinking about something or other.

"Lance?" Allura said, poking the freckled boy on his shoulder and making him jump. Lance gasped a little and swore under his breath "Oh mierda.." he breathed, chuckling.

Allura raised her brow as they walked through the big glass doors of the shopping mall.

"What are you daydreaming about?" She asked Lance, taking in the scenery before letting their eyes meet again.

Lance smiled softly.
"Nothing." He said, letting his mind wander once again.

Allura sighed and shrugged. If Lance wasn't gonna spill the tea, then he wasn't gonna spill the tea. Simple as that.

Lance's eye immediately caught a name on a wall and he tugged Allura in that direction.
"They have pretty sundresses, let's go inside!"

He smiled as the two walked over. Allura still wasn't gonna budge though. Lance was pretty spacey.

"No really Lance, what's up?" She said, placing her hand on his shoulder as they walked through the doors, the cool air and wonderful scent of fresh clothes hitting her in the face.

Lance sighed, his cheeks blooming rosy red as he kept thinking.

"Do you really want to know?" He said, leading Allura over to the dress section of the miniature department store. Allura smiled and clapped her hands together. "Yes! Why wouldn't I? You're my friend, Lance." She gave him a warm, happy smile.

The boy smiled and loosened up.

"Well...it's sorta weird."

Allura was bouncing on the balls of her feet. "Yes?"

"And I dunno if you'll really get it.."

Allura was becoming more impatient the longer he stalled.
"Yes??"

"And it might make you change your opinion on me as a person?"

Allura smiled wide.
"YES???"

Lance sighed and thought for a moment.
"No..I can't tell you."

Allura groaned and grabbed him by the shoulders. "Spit it out Lance!"

The brunette squeaked slightly and his cheeks bloomed an all new shade of red.
"I can't! I can't say! Lura, please—"

Lance blushed hard. Allura shook him.

"Tell me!"

"No!"

"I need to know!!"

"Why?!"

"Because! Tell me! I will not tell anybody I swear I won't!—"

"I have a crush on Keith!!"

Heads turned and eyes followed Lance's body. He lead Allura into another section of the dress aisle with less people in it.

Allura stood there, absolutely blank.

Lance..and....Keith?

Allura smiled brightly and shook him by the shoulders. "Oh Lance! Your first crush on the team! Oh that's so cute~" she hugged him tight, quietly letting out her excitement.

Lance was still a furious shade of red, cheeks perfectly replicating that of a delicious maraschino cherry. He smiled a little nervously. "I-I mean I might. I still don't really know? I-i barely know him as a person, this might just be my p-physical preferences talking, considering h-he's just beginning to l-look attractive to me and—"

Allura covered his mouth.

"Lance."

Lance looked at her.

"Shush."

He blushed even darker red, realizing only how much rambling he had done.

"Forget all of that. We have a new mission for today."

Lance raised his brow.

"Ah miffion?" He said, voice muffled by Allura's hand. She smiled and pulled her hand away.

"We're going to revamp your wardrobe and get Keith to notice you instead of whatever is on that phone of his~"

Lance went crimson.

And so, their day was spent running around the shopping mall. Allura probably swiped her card a billion times, much to Lance's dismay. He hated having people pay for him.

At the end of their excursion, lance held four bags on each arm and Allura held two. Just as they were about to leave the store, something pink and shiny caught Allura's eye. She stopped Lance from walking out the door and grinned maliciously.

"Let's go in there."

Lance's soul dropped out of his body. Right there, glowing pink and beckoning, was the neon sign of a Victoria's Secret.

"dios arriba, ayúdame.."

Allura pushed him towards the store, walking in with the confidence of a thousand men. As she browsed the aisle, picking out clothes for Lance to try on in the dressing rooms, something shiny caught Allura's eye.

She walked over to what she thought was a still mannequin and touched the shiny blue earring.

"Excuse me?" Said a thick German voice. The "mannequin" turned around.

This time, it was Allura's turn to blush. What she thought was a still mannequin was one of the employees. With gorgeous blonde hair in twin tails and beautiful eyes, a lady smiled at her.

"Did you like my earrings, Miss?"

Allura didn't just like her earrings.

She stared down at the name tag in shock, reading her name.

No, Allura didn't just like the earrings.

She liked everything about this "Romelle" she had bumped into.

Lance smirked coyly. How cute.

Allura found a lady friend~

~1005 words~

GUESS WHOS BAAAACK! After I'm pretty sure was two or three weeks of not uploading, I'm here! Back to this fic! Hurricane Florence was mild on my part, and everything has been going really good! Thanks for all the support you guys have given me. And yes, this is the introduction of Romelle! This won't be the last of her :). I'm going to split these excursions up into 3 chapters each, counting this one as it's first. Thank you for reading! Bye!!

~Atha