Homodite

BTW, SHE IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY GL IN IT! /She is gay, though\

We all know that Zeus- king of gods- had many demigod children. We all know, that many gods/goddesses were unfaithful, but what we did know, or thought we knew, was the story of Hades.

Hades being the brother of Zeus, and the overlooked god of the big three, was the god of death, and the underworld.

Hades- the faithful one of the gods, married his niece, Persephone, and they have been happily living in the Underworld, no kids.

But- one day- something finally caught his eye.

She was a beautiful blue jay, who answered to the name of Amycus. And from their affair, a beautiful baby girl was born. She was named Homodite.

As Homodite grew, her father grew more protective of his baby girl.

At the age of three, Hades sent his nephew, Hermes, the to fetch the baby girl, and be raised in the underworld.

Persephone, Hades wife, eventually grew envious at the attention Homodite got.

She started showing the child pictures. “Mountains!” She said to the child, “And sky! Oh wondrous. I get to see it all during spring. If I wanted to, I could grow wings and fly!”

Homodite dreamed about spreading her wings and flying.

Homodite had inherited most of her father’s looks. She had her father’s midnight black hair that reached down past her hips, and his pale,  skin from living in the underworld fifteen years of her life.

She wore special armor made from the same metal as her sword. The metal was called Nether Iron, that, unlike other warriors, was made of penatriable bronze. Her armor and sword would forever stay in perfect condition.

Also unlike most, because her mother was a bird,she had beautiful blue wings, and blue pupiless eyes.

“My little angel of death,” her father often called her.

Even though she had it all, there was something she wanted more than all.

“Father, I want to go to the mortal world!” She would beg, “I want to flap my wings and soar off into the sunset!” But, like always, her father would always reply,

“Be patient, young one. You will go when you are older.” But Persephone, the jealous Goddess, wanted her to leave, or die trying.

She crept into Homodite’s dreams one day, and whispered. “I am the almighty Athena, if you wish to leave, to soar, than go into the back garden. Grab a golden apple from the orchards, and deliver it to Charon. He will give you a potion to swim across the Styx, and on the shore, lays the sky.”

But Athena, who had been watching the young heroine, felt angry that her sister would use her name, trying to kill off the young hero.

Again the young hero slept, and Persephone whispered the instructions.

But Athena had a plan of her own. “Walk across the orchard and grab the apple, but use these special shoes. I call them ‘Boots’. They’re made out of a piece of Hercules’ lion hide. They will protect you.

“Do not give the golden apple to Sharon, but to Cerberus. Throw the apple in the opposite direction, and he will chase after it, giving you time to walk past.

“Do not try to swim across the River Styx, for you will only drown. Instead, use your breastplate and sword, and paddle across.

“Farewell, my young hero.”

And so, Homodite did as the true Athena told her. She wore the ‘boots' placed at the end of her bed, and walked across the orchard, only to see squirrels and other animals feet and bodies charred to a crisp. She picked a golden apple.

When it was time to pass Cerberus, she walked up, and he growled. The growling soon ceased when she pulled out the shiny, golden apple, that quickly got the attention of all three heads. He barked happily and yipped when she threw it with all her force, landing in the fields of Asphodel. The excited pup charged after it, and she walked past.

After that, she found the river Styx, and unstrapped her chestplate.

She set it in the river, and paddled across.

On her way there, she thought. She would never leave her adoring father behind forever, so at day, she would make the journey here, and experience mortal world.

But at night, she would return home, and would tell her father of all her adventures.

She made it ashore, and looked up. All her hopes and dreams, all in one moment. She saw trees, and mortals, and animals, too!

But most importantly, she saw the sky. Slowly, she spread her wings, and like an instinct kicking in, she soared into the sunny, warm skies.