Discovering a whole new world

When school started again, Amanda was kind of sad because her only company had left. A few days after the beggining of the year she started to get along with some people. She actually started making new friends and reconnecting with old ones.

Everything was starting to feel a bit better and okay. She even started being friends with a guy 2 years older than her (which doesnt sound like much but for her it was unbelievable).

One afternoon on the bus home, weeks later, after everybody had left except her and the older guy ( Kai), Amanda was peacefully listening to music alone in the middle of the bus when suddenly Kai (who was sitting in the back) cames all the way to the middle of the bus and sits next to her. She got a bit nervous and it wasnt until then that she realised that she had a crush on him. He placed his arm around her and her heart started beating extremely fast. They sat like that for a while (Kai with his arm around her and Amanda with her head on his chest) just talking and enjoying each others company. It felt so right to her, like it was where she was supposed to be. For the first time in a really long time, she was genuinely happy.

The next day, the same happened. After everyone had left, Kai called her and she sat next to him and he hugged her, kissed her forehead and they talked for a while but most of the time they were just sitting there hugging, in silence.
Day after day it started to become a "routine" but each day he started doing something new like hold her hands, kiss her cheeks, asking her not to leave, telling her that those minutes with her were the best part of his day....and Amanda started falling for him....hard.