Breaking the News

The last day of school and it's already extremely hot outside and after saying goodbye to all his friends Conã starts his walk home. Walking down the street a rowdy bunch of high school kids ride by in a nice jeep holding up surf boards screaming "Summer time, surfs up". He can't help but stop and stare. everytime he sees or hears about surfing he can't help but take an intrest. he has always thought it has something to do with his mother but he doesn't really know much about her, only that she died when he was really young and him and his Father Miycã moved to the states, where he met Conã's step mom Stephanie. After watching the older kids pass he continues his walk home.

By the time he arrives to his house in his highly preppy suburban neighborhood his Father and step mom have already gotten home from work. They both work together at their real estate firm, they're life partners and business partners! when he walks through the door and runs up the stairs to his room he gets the usaual scold "Stop running up those stairs! you may fall and hit your head!" from his Father. he stops running and turns off the stairs to go to his room. as he walks down the hallway to his room he hears his Step mom yell up to him "hurry with your homework swettie. dinner will be ready soon!". He goes into the last door on the left and closes the door behind him. Conã tosses his backpack down beside his clustered computer desk and flops down onto his bright blue bed with a loud springing noise. Everyday this same routine happens, Conã tells his parents that he has tons of homework though he never has any, goes up to his room and plays on his laptop until dinner. it's about the only alone time he gets.

When Stephanie finally calls for dinner the third time Conã hears footsteps coming from the stairs and jets out of his room so she doesn't see him not doing homework. When Stephanie begins to serve dinner Conã sees that they are having his absolute favorite meal, Chopped up smoked sausage mixed in with macaroni and cheese with green beans. they usually only have this on Conã's birthday or special occasions because nobody like it but him. so he knows something is up but he leaves it alone for now. while they are eating he notices his Father starring at Stephanie. he's trying to ask her something with his eyes and Conã can't help but wonder what. his Father finally turns and asked Conã how the last day of school was? "Oh just the normal last day of school routine.... absolutely nothing" Conã answers. as Conã stuffs his face with the last bit of his food and starts to drink his soda pop his Father blurts out "Conã we're leaving for the summer". Conã spits out his soda pop across the whole table and covers his father's with shirt in a million tiny red dots. as his Father jumps up from the table his Step mom stops her giggling to help him go switch shirts. Conã follows them to the laundry room yelling "What do you mean? leaving for the summer?"

"I can't believe this!" "where are we even going?!" "I don't under..."

his Father cuts him off "we're going to Hawaii. I know you had plans to go to camp for the whole summer with your friends but this is a last minute situation we just can't get out of son".

Conã and his Father walk up to his room so his Father can explain the whole situation. His father explains that him and his step mom have to go to they're hometown island in Hawaii to manage a sale of half the island to a hotel and resort that wants to buy it. and that they absolutely have to go, for some reason that Conã doesn't understand. The next morning Conã's father tells him that they have to start packing immediately because, they have to leave tomorrow.

******Authors note: this is only the fist part of many! I will try to update daily if I don't get around to it I'm very sorry! hopefully this book gets a lot of hits and that you really enjoy it! And I'm a firtst time writer so if you have any notes let me know! enjoy! like! comment!