Thirty Two

CAIUS POV

.

.

.

TWO DAYS AGO... 

.

.

.

"This is my fault Demetri. I drove her away," I said pacing back and forth. 

"Caius, I'm trying to track her, calm down," Demetri said sitting on the bed with his eyes closed.

"What do I tell Aro? What if another vampire gets to her before me?!" I hit the wall hard, putting a hole through it. 

"Caius, please calm down! I can't focus at all," Demetri said, aggravated.  "I care for her as much as you do. We will get her back safe. Now go tell Aro and let me work," he grumbled. 

"What am I supposed to tell Aro?!"

"Caius, tell him the truth. He will find out either way," Demetri sighed. 

"Then he will hurt her. What if she tells..." 

"Caius, sit down, take a breath. We can't search for her if we are panicked, we have to approach this a different way," Demetri sighs. 

"MY MATE IS MISSING DEMETRI," I screamed at him. 

"CAIUS SIT DOWN," Demetri growled at me. "You need to calm down Caius, please," he sighed. "Please."

I growled loudly at him, "How can you tell me to calm down?"

"Caius please, I know you love her. Just take a deep breath. I promise you we will find her. You're making me panic more, and I can't focus with all this," Demetri looked at me stressed. 

"Okay.. okay," I sighed "Okay," I whispered. Tears formed in my eyes.

"Caius, it's going to be okay, I promise," Demetri looked down. 

"How could I let this happen Demetri?" I whispered tears falling as I gripped onto the note Izzy had written to me. "You were supposed to be watching her." 

"Caius I spend every moment with her trying to make sure she is alright. I stopped all my duties to make sure she was okay," he said. "She was doing good, she was relatively happy too. You just..." 

"Didn't notice," I whispered cutting him off. "I didn't noticed. It's my fault. I should've never even thought of taking her there. I'm horrible," tears fell as I bowed my head. 

"Caius... it's not your fault. You didn't know what to do," he sighed.  

"I'm never going to get he back am I?" 

"You will," he said. "We just have to find her first. Now go tell Aro what is happening okay?" he said. 

"Okay," I looked down and took a deep breath before walking out of my room. I looked down and walked to the throne room. All I could think about was Izzy. I hope she is okay. She will be okay. I have to find her. 

"Caius," Aro said looking at me. 

I sighed and looked up at him. 

"Is everything alright?" Aro asked standing. 

"Aro, we need to speak alone," I looked at him. 

"Is everything alright?" he asked again. 

"No it's not. We need to speak," I  pressed my lips together. 

"Of course," he said and walked over to me, "My office?" 

I nodded and headed out. I looked down silently. 

"What's the matter Caius?" Aro asked once we were settled in his office. 

"Aro, please don't get mad at her?" 

Aro sighed, "You mean Izzy? What has she done now?" he rolled her eyes. 

"It's my fault Aro. She ran away. Demetri is trying to track her. I drove her off, she wasn't doing so well so I was going to take her to a group home to help process her mother's death. She has been spending time with Demetri because she wouldnt look at me or even speak to me. It's really my fault. I wasn't paying attention to her. I didn't notice that she was doing better. If you punish anyone it should be me. I'm the reason why she ran away." I spoke tense. 

"What?!" he growled at that. 

"All I know is that she took 3,000$ from my account in cash," I looked down. "Demetri is working on tracking her but no luck yet. Please Aro, she's just a child. Be mad at me," I whispered. 

"When did this happen?" Aro pinched the bridge of his nose. 

"I went into my room and there was a note... Demetri got one too," I looked at him. "She's  my mate Aro, I need to find her. I'll be more responsible next time." 

"If there is a next time," Aro grumbled. 

"Aro I'm being serious. I'll fix the mess I started. There won't be a next time, I'll take care of her better. I can handle this situation. I just had to tell you. Please I'm begging, just don't hurt her when we find her," I looked at Aro grabbing his hand. 

"Let me see the notes,"  he sighed. 

I nodded and pulled the note out of my pocket and handed it to Aro "I don't have Demetri's do you want me to get it?" 

Aro nodded it. 

I sped to Demetri's room and grabbed the note and sped back to Aro. "Here," I said. 

"Thanks," Aro said and read over them.

"There's no clues to where she went, we checked," I sighed seeing him. 

"I can see," he sighed looking stressed out. 

"We will find her," I looked down. 

"And what if she exposes us to other humans?" 

"I don't know Aro, I haven't thought about that." 

"Well, what are you going to do?" he asked. 

"I'll kill them," I sighed. "Just like normal." 

"And Izzy?"

"I'll figure it out along the way Aro," I looked back down.

"You'll have to..."

"I'm not going to hurt her for hating me," I cut him off. 

"You have to do something about it Caius." 

"I know... but I'm not hurting her for something I caused, understand Aro?" I growled at him. "You can hurt me as much as you want but not her," I glared, "Not her." 

Aro sighs, a look of annoyance written across his face. 

"I'll figure something out Aro, I promise. I'll let the other Guards know to keep a lookout for her and to bring her back if they find her, "Okay?"

"Okay," he sighed.