I.VI

I.VI WEIRD STARING PROBLEM

VI WEIRD STARING PROBLEM

CATHERINE

After drinking my tea and escaping from Seth's grasp, Sue decided it would be better for me to stay the night. She explained to me that her oldest daughter Leah was at work.

"So, I can put you on the couch. I don't have a spare room love, so I hope this will do. Seth, grab me the blue quilt from the cupboard." She instructed him and he scurried out the hall. Sue lead me to her living room. It had a cosy, warm vibe with only a two-seat pink couch and two mismatched armchairs. The cream walls are covered in framed photos, each a different size placed in a meticulous order by someone with a degree level in Tetris. School portraits of Seth and Leah litter the walls, showing the growth and development of the two. I haven't met Leah yet, not properly. Last time I was here she occupied her time with her boyfriend, which didn't bother me as I understand the feeling.

I haven't been in love in a long time, I thought I loved Mercy but that was something to keep me distracted within the hole. To keep me fighting for something, considering everything else had gone. Before that, it was Ally. Now she was not only my best friend but the first person I fell in love with. Her death hit me harder than a train, I felt as though my heart was laying on the steel tracks just waiting to be crushed.

I sat down on the plush rose coloured couch, glancing round this family home. This is something I would like in the future; a stable, loving home for my family to grow and develop within. God, prison does change a person.

As I sit and look I feel my stomach start to do somersaults, and not in a good way. Standing up, I bolt into the hallway and spy an open downstairs toilet. running to it, the toilet bowl is now filled with the half regurgitated tea that I just drank and the snacks from the bus. How delightful. Wiping the sweat which had accumulated at my temple, I look up to hear the worried sound of Sue.

"Cat? Are you alright, honey?" She came to the door and squatted down to my level.

"Yeah Sue I'm alright, think I ate something funny on the way here ya know?" I stumbled upright and made my way to the sink to splash my face and wash my hands. I ran over the things in my head this could've been.

The fucking Oxy.

I Knew Pornstash would fuck up my chances of being normal like everyone else, even on the outside. Back at Litchfield, I went through withdrawal when I first arrived. Luckily it wasn't picked up on by any C.O. because of the flu which was going around the joint.

This is the start of the withdrawal symptoms, which most people experience.

"Here Cat," Sue said as she handed me a glass of water. We were now sat in the cosy living room, I rested my elbows against my knees cradling the cold glass in my hand. "What's going on?"

"Think I've caught a bug or something. I'll be alright sure don't worry." I smiled at her, trying my best not to be blatantly obvious. I knew this was going to get a lot worse.