11

❝ Wanna hear your beating heart tonight before the bleeding sun comes  alive ❞ Ellie Goulding

It was early in the morning. Sergio's heart was racing, he could finally see Gerard again after a few days. Yeah, it wasn't even a week. But Sergio couldn't stop thinking about Gerard, he missed Gerard. It all seemed so pathetic to Sergio. It seemed like a childhood crush. A girl about twelve obsessing over this boy and she can't get him out of his head. He was the twelve-year-old girl. Quite frankly, Gerard was that little girl too. But Gerard wouldn't dare say it. Honestly, both Sergio and Gerard wanted to laugh out loud. It all seemed so stupid to both of them. 

Pushing that thought aside, Sergio checked in and smiled at the lady at the check-in counter. She had her sleek brown hair tied up into a tidy bun without a single strand of hair sticking out. Her red lipstick was as red as it could ever be. Just like the first rose he gave Pilar. Sergio felt a needle puncture a hole into his heart. Fuck you, Pilar. The lady held Sergio's ticket to Barcelona and his passport to him. "Have a safe flight, sir," she said clearly. Sergio collected his belongings and smiled and nodded at the lady. 

He turned around, walked a few paces and stopped abruptly. Pilar. His eyes popped out of its sockets, he almost dropped his jacket, passport, and ticket onto the floor. He momentarily let go of his small suitcase. All that was left was his mouth hanging. Walking towards Sergio, Pilar discreetly rolled her eyes and frowned at her ex.  There was definitely something wrong with him. Her hair bounced ever so slightly as she walked. She held her purse in hand and smirked for less than a second, greeting Sergio. "Are you finally coming to your sense yet, hun," she simply questioned. 

"Huh, what the fuck you talkin' about bitch?"

"Don't go talking to me like a rapper. I dated a footballer, not a rapper," she scoffed, "I'm sorry I cheated on you. But you seriously need to come to your sense babe."

"Stop calling me babe. Fucking hell," Sergio rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"You're obsessed with his guy."

"He's not some guy."

"Whatever. My point is, be careful. You don't want to have a bad run-in with the press again." Pilar bit her lip worriedly, she knew Sergio was going to Barcelona to see Gerard. She just knew it. 

"Since when were you worried about me huh? Since when Pilar? You're the one who fucking cheated on my a - and you're just some goddamn hoe."

Tears were blurring up Pilar's vision. Half of her expected this to happen. "I'm sorry Sergio. I'm really sorry, okay? But this time, I'm trying to help you." She looked up at the ceiling and wiped her tears off of her eyes. She couldn't bare look at Sergio anymore. "You know what Sergio? I'm just going to leave. Have fun in Barcelona." She turned around swiftly with her hair whipping because of the momentum. Tears were flooding again. She couldn't cry in front of the press and in front of everyone. They all knew who she was. She started to jog out the door, covering her face as she did so. 

Sergio stood there with his mouth hanging open. It took him a few seconds to pull himself together. Come on, Sergio. Get to the gate. He grabbed his suitcase and walked to the security check. He did this so many times that his heart ached. Thinking about football made him miss Gerard even more. 

After security, Sergio went to find a Starbucks. After all, he needed a cappuccino. His palms were all sweaty, his heart was drumming. Finally. He had reached Starbucks. But there was a line, as usual. Putting his hand in his pocket, Sergio hummed Clandestino by Shakira and Mulma. That song was stuck in his head for some reason. Oh wait, they're Gerard's best friends. They're so lucky, always with Gerard. Always fucking happy. Sergio couldn't help but always feel jealous of those two. Especially now. 

"Hi, what would you like to order," the cashier said cocking his eyebrows.

"Hey, I would like a venti cappuccino please." 

The cashier pressed a few buttons while speaking to Sergio. "That would be four euros please." Sergio handed the cashier the cash and walked to the waiting area.

"Venti cappuccino," a girl said. Sergio grabbed the drink and walked off. 

He just loved the taste of cappuccino. It wasn't too strong and it wasn't too, well, tasteless. He loved the smell of the scent when the lid was lifted. He just loved everything about it. And well, it smelt like Gerard. Honestly, Sergio never actually thought about it until now. He wanted to live in Barcelona and yet he wanted to live in Madrid. 

Sergio walked around for a while around his gate and took sips of his drink. About five minutes later, he sat down peering down at his phone. He wondered how long he would have to wait in order to board. Thirty minutes. Just enough time to close his eyes.