Chapter 2

He showed up, picking his hung laundry up and coming back out with freshly washed wet ones. She could see that he had just gotten up, and with no care in the world, went out on his balcony- t-shirt and boxers.
In his own space, she could never tell that he cared that much but after a long day out, he'd show up polished and well dressed only to disappear back into his apartment for the rest of the night and come back out as he was in the morning, boxers and t-shirt, to sit outside and work on his computer.
She pressed her nose onto the window, trying to see him. She had taken off her contact lenses and couldn't find her glasses. She had to try to see him.
In her defense, she wasn't obsessed at all, he was just hope to her somehow.
She never really put much thought into it.
She saw him go back in to his apartment.
She kept thinking to herself how she could get his attention, she'd tried countlessly before by sitting on her balcony -which was glassed- painting, working and when she was desperate enough: undressing.
She grabbed a crumpled piece of paper and opened one of the windows.
She tried to throw it out of the window in hope it lands on his balcony but alas, the laws of physics were against her right then and there and consistently for the next 5 tries. She paced around in her apartment and landed in her kitchen. She opened cabinets aimlessly and illogically.
She spotted a large jar of cinnamon sticks.
She grabbed the jar and stared at them for a moment thinking they looked like scrolls.
She took a cinnamon stick and ran into her room. She grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled. It read "Hello :)" in a very disheveled and rushed handwriting. She slipped it into the cinnamon stick and hurled it onto the balcony of his apartment.
It hit the railing and landed on the floor.