Chapter 6: Journey Prep

The sun rises again, granting light for all.

Among the first to be awakened, Sylveon yawns deeply upon rising from her bed. Taking a glance at Pikachu and Mawile's lingering slumber, she picks up her sheets and pillow and places them in a camping bag. As the den was only meant to be temporary, she knew that everyone could not stay here, especially with the random threat of the purple figures continuously looming in their paths. She decides to awaken the sleeping duo to tell them what is about to happen.

"Morning, guys!"

"Ngh... morning, Sylveon..."

"Still sleepy, Mawile?"

"A bit. Pikachu's not as easy to wake up from what I can see. He seems to be a big sleeper."

"I can tell. I guess have to use one of my feelers for this."

Using her left front feeler, Sylveon nudges Pikachu's nose to snap him from his deep slumber. As Mawile had observed, he didn't show any reaction at first. Not concerned by this failed attempt, Sylveon continues to nudge his nose until, after a minute and a half, he grudgingly opens his eyes.

"I can't believe you used your feelers to do that. That felt so gross."

"Sorry about that, Pikachu. We noticed you slept so well that I had to pester you until you woke up. It's all in good fun, though!"

"Sure, whatever. More importantly, why that camping bag?"

"Mom, Flare, and I had always planned to evacuate this den for a while now. Knowing that either someone might try to steal our stuff or the den itself could get wrecked by the purple things, we need to pack up what we can before we move out to some other place. We'll plan out where that place would be once we gather at the living room."

"How will you maintain communication with one another if you three decide to split off?"

"We'll get to that when we meet up. Speaking of which, they should be packing their stuff right now. Why don't you guys go on ahead and hang out at the living room for now?"

"I suppose it kills time. What's your call, Mawile?"

"I don't mind both of us waiting it out, unless you want us to help with anything. Surely there's something we can do."

"There isn't really much for us to pack, so don't sweat it."

"In that case, then, we'll be at the living room."

Pikachu follows Mawile to the living room to await the others while the finishing inserting their belongings into their camping bags. He looks out the right front window, overlooking the bright orange sunrise that summons light back into the world. As beautiful as it is, he knows that one must not remain in awe of something for too long. Because of this, he takes a seat across from Mawile to refresh his mind. Crossing his arms in a sulky manner, Pikachu begins to meditate. The range of Espeon's telepathy continues to keep him wary of his conversations with her. Mawile reads this concern while he meditates, feeling a small dose of unintended guilt for him. She decides to tap his shoulder to investigate his style of thinking.

"You trying to formulate a plan of action?"

"No. I'm still worried about what Espeon can do with her telepathy. I can't seem to take her personality seriously; neither of the sisters' descriptions convince me."