The Uprising

A/N

I really wanna write more dark stuff cause that's my forte, really, but here's a little snippet of something I plan on writing. Also, thanks to _yellojello on Instagram for drawing such an amazing picture!

If you had seen the three black-clad figures walking down the torn and destroyed streets of Dallas, Texas, you would've been just as scared as the SWAT that were linked arm and arm in their path. The three wore thick black jackets with matching cargo pants that were tucked into sturdy combat boots laced up to the top. They had padding strapped on underneath. Chest pads, shin guards, forearm pads, elbow and knee pads, special boxers that were padded on the sides, and gasmasks hidden under their hoods. Behind them stood a large crowd of people clad in the same gear, but not all the same color.

From the back of the police blockade, you could hear the chief screaming at the top of his lungs for back up, scared for his life as he watched the group filter out of destroyed shopfronts and dilapidated houses.

This sure was an uprising, alright, and from the very moment the men on the frontline saw the "leaders" of the group, they knew they were fucked.

What they couldn't see though, was the men and women on the rooftops being hidden by the smoke of the burning buildings. Every single one was armed and ready to unload into the police. One in particular held their fate in his small hands.

His brown hair whipped in the wind, along with the black bandana that was covering the bottom half of his face. In his right hand sat a shiny detonator that was connected to 6 different bombs placed around the city.

The most important two being in the buildings behind the enforcers that would block all attempts at escape. Another two were placed in the part of the main hospital that served the police and army that had been stationed here when the riots broke out 2 weeks ago. The Uprising, as they liked to call themselves, planned to wipe out all chance of survival for their wounded and to break their enemy's morale.

The last two were placed in the chief's house where his wife and two children were.

The anarchist watched his friends lead the Uprising until they were only a few feet away from the SWAT.

His earpiece crackled as Scott began to speak to him.

"Start a timer for one minute. When it ends, set off the bombs and order your men and women to rain fire on these fuckers." He grumbled, trying to keep his voice down as to not be heard.

"Yessir." Mitch replied gleefully. He wasn't about to lie, ever since the government had decided to enact the martial law and a harsh, bigoted doctrine, he couldn't wait to watch the people that oppressed him crumple to the ground.

He waited patiently, explaining the situation over the coms to his group and smiling as they obeyed his orders to ready up.

"Hey Scott?" He called.

"Yeah? What wrong?" He asked, a smidge worried.

"Nothing, but I was gonna ask I we could chant the last 10 seconds of the countdown? Pretty please? I think it would scare them pretty good." He questioned, pouting under his bandana as if the blond was right in front of him.

"What are we at right now?"

"20 seconds and counting" He replied.

"Then go for it, Mitchy."

Mitch grinned, doing a little dance of happiness before barking orders to his men.

"10!"

The people behind the SWAT looked panicked as they heard the crowd begin to chant, rushing around for a phone or radio to inform headquarters what was happening.