Yoongi's Ending

God, I missed her.

She was probably dancing with everyone tonight. I wondered what gown she was wearing. I bet the stylists had done her hair nicely, too.

Jin had called before the party. He told me Jackson had been arrested, and would be severely punished for his crimes. I couldn't even feel bad for him, regardless of our history.

"I also cleaned your records and paid off the fees on your mother's restaurant," he had said.

I sat up in my chair. "Why? I didn't keep my end of the bargain."

"But you did. You didn't touch her. Jackson is the one that deserves punishment. I'm not a total fool, Yoongi."

"...Thanks." was all I could say.

"No problem."

How did it turn out like this? I could get any job I wanted now. I had a stash of cash in the bank. I had this apartment all to myself.

Why did everything feel so... empty?

I helped myself to a beer. Tonight was a cause for celebration.

Even if it didn't feel like it.

Stop thinking about her, Yoongi...

There was a knock at the door. I looked in the peephole.

It couldn't be...

"Y/N...?" I asked, opening the door.

Before I could ask anything, she pushed open the door and threw her arms around me. Her scent crowded me, her touch overwhelming my senses.

"Yoongi," she said breathily. "I missed you."

Her scent... Don't make it so difficult, Y/N...

Hell... Just one more time.

I wrapped my arms around her. "What are you doing here? How did you get here?"

She leaned back, looking at me. "Yoongi. I know everything."

She was so close... I ran my hands against her shoulders and nodded. "I know. Jin called and told me what happened."

I couldn't hold her like this anymore. It was killing me. I stepped away, sitting on one of the bar stools next to the kitchen counter.

"How much of it was real, Yoongi?" she asked.

"How much of what?"

"Everything you said to me. Saving me. Our relationship in general."

It was fake in the beginning, to be honest... It was just a job.

But then again, I never thought of her as a job, did I?

I laughed to myself. "I don't think any of it was fake. I'm not as good as carrying out a job as I used to be."

She didn't say anything.

"Jin knew I has some... questionable relationships when I came to work for Hoseok." I said. "I had been clean for awhile, so no one thought too much of my past. Until you came to us. Jin asked me to scare you off. He made it clear not to hurt you in any way. He just wanted out of the arranged marriage."

"He could have just told me that he didn't want to get married. I don't understand why that was so difficult."

Because Jin was difficult.

"He was afraid of retaliation. He didn't know what you would to do him or his family."

Regardless...

"I should have known Jackson would take it further than it needed to go." I continued. "He was suppose to scare you at the festival, but... once he hit you... I snapped. And I don't know how he got into the castle. I was supposed to be the only insider. Thinking of you in danger... I couldn't stand it."

She stepped in closer to me. "The night he tried to drown me... I thought of how you had saved me from him before."

I was reason you needed saving in the first place.

"I wanted you to come for me again, Yoongi." she said. "I wanted you to save me. But you weren't there."

The crack in her voice was sending me over the edge.

"I would have came for you." I said. "I would have killed him myself if I was there."

She stood between my knees, her hands coming to my shoulders.

"Don't leave me again," she whispered. "I can't stand it if you leave me again."

She was so close. I looked up at her. "Y/N..."

"Promise you won't leave me again."

"What are you trying to say?"

She stared at me for a long moment. I swear, if she didn't step back, I was going to lose my mind.

She leaned down, and I felt her lips press against my forehead. She stayed close, breathing on my face.

I brought my hands up and gripped her waist.

"This isn't a good idea," I warned.

She looked me in the eyes and smirked. "I didn't ask if it was a good idea."

To hell with it.

I grabbed the back of her neck and forced her lips against mine. I had wanted to do it for so long, but finally feeling her against me sent me over the edge. I couldn't go slow. I held back for too long already.

I rolled her lips between mine, grabbing her waist and pulling her in closer. Her hands gripped my shirt, her knuckles digging into my chest. They rose and fell with my breath as I tried to slow down.

I really was a greedy bastard - I wanted everything. I wanted all of her.

We broke away from each other. Glancing into her eyes, I stood to my feet and wrapped her in my arms, burying my lips in her neck.

"I want to be with you." she said in my ear. "Don't leave me again."

"After everything? You still want me?"

"Yes,"

I pulled back, holding her arms and kissing her forehead. "Then let's live her together. I'm yours. I'll protect you and come to your rescue from now on. You can bet on it."

I pulled her back into my arms, sighing.

I didn't know what I did to deserve everything I ever wanted, but I wasn't going to screw it up this time.