Chapter 10

Chapter 10- LILY POV

I continued to run away from Peter. James couldn't be dead. He couldn't! It wasn't possible.

Calm down, Lily. I told myself. Calm down. He's not dead. Just turn around and go see him.

I follow my thoughts and am soon back at Hogwarts. I open the door to the hospital wing and walk inside.

"Lily!" Peter says.

"What?" I ask curtly.

He flinches. "Geez, you don't have to be mean."

I wanted to snap back at him, but I decided against it. Instead, I looked towards Sirius. "How is he?"

"He's fine." He replies. "Madam Pomfrey says that he'll be back in school by the end of the week."

What.

Are you kidding me?!

PETER.

My liking towards Peter just went down a few degrees. Like 20.

Get to the freaking point when you talk to someone.

"That's wonderful!" I say, pushing my thoughts about Peter to the side. At least James was okay.

Sirius nods. "We should probably let Madam Pomfrey take care of him now, though." We all glanced at the nurse, who was glaring at us through the window of her office. Whoops.

We leave.

The rest of the day was spent playing wizard chess. Remus decided to come join us after about three games, but he won each time. Dang it, Remus.

We decided to go check on James again when it was dark. He was actually awake when we saw him.

"Hello." He says to us softly.

"Hi!" We all say in unison.

"What did I miss?"

"Not much. Remus beat all of us in chess, but that's about it." I say.

James chuckles. "You didn't beat him? Not once?"

"Nope."

"Hm. Interesting."

James was actually calm right now. Probably because he was in a lot of pain. But it was different.

We talk to him a bit more, and then he closes his eyes and falls back asleep.