Chapter Three • The First Day (Part One)

Tyler's POV

They told me that I probably shouldn't go to school today, but I lied and told them that I was fine, amidst the pounding headache and nauseating dizziness that came over me in alternating waves. I'd passed out in the middle of the halls, only to be found when the other kids were released for second period. I could hear the whispers of rumors as I walked to the office, escorted by the school nurse.

Now I was regretting it. I don't know why I was pushing and fighting so hard to go to school tomorrow. I still felt like crap, and I didn't even want to take him around school, so why was I pretending to be alright when I so obviously wasn't? I closed my eyes.

C'mon Tyler, get it together.

But I still felt like I was going to vomit my heart out of my chest.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous to see Troye. I mean, I felt bad for him if anything. He had just moved, and when he found out that I'd be the person showing him around, he'd probably be petrified. But then again, he might've forgotten all about me, he might not ever know exactly how much he had hurt me.

Had he changed at all? I glanced down at the now crumpled piece of paper in frustration.

Name: Troye Mellet

Troye Sivan Mellet. I knew his full name, and I bet he doesn't even remember me. I closed my eyes. Ugh, this was really going to happen, wasn't it?

Phone Number: ----6-----

I'd scribbled over it due to anger, it was no longer legible beneath the thick black lines. Only a six remained.

Hi, my name's Troye. With an e. Don't forget the e.

I smirked, always so persistent in seeking the correct spelling of his name.

If you don't know me, and you probably won't considering I'm from Australia...

But that's a lie. You're from here, and I do know you, I have known you.

I'm an avid fan of all food, except shellfish, but I especially like Nutella because it's literally heaven in a jar. Unless you're an atheist, in which case there's no way to possibly describe it.

Ha Troye, kid finally got a sense of humor.

But other than Nutella, I guess I like singing, music, and photography. But other than that? Nothing pretty much. I guess I'm kind of a mess...

I groaned, me too Troye, me too, I thought while setting the note down on my bedside table and rubbing my eyes sleepily. I spent all night reading and rereading that paper, and now it's 5:30 in the morning. I grabbed my black framed Ray Bans from the table and put them on, my vision getting clearer, and stood up, walking groggily to my dresser and tugging it open. I swear I spent at least thirty minutes deciding what to wear, but I finally decided on a 'just woke up' sort of thing, a long thin white shirt with some sort of black insignia on it, dark washed jeans, and of course, my black leather jacket, which I pulled on while heading to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, and I was a complete and total mess. Oh god, I had a lot of work to do, and with that, I picked up my comb and pulled it through my hair to untangle it, then grabbed my hair gel, squeezed some into my hand, and put it in my hair, which now looked like a gelled up lilac lions mane. I combed it some more, then shaped it until my hair was finally looking like a great quiff, if I do say so myself.

I heard shuffling in the other room, as footsteps approached behind me.

"Ty?" I heard my mom's groggy voice ask as she looked me up and down, "Are you going on a date with someone? You haven't tried this hard to look coordinated in a while..."