Ria's Diary (Finally)

First, before anything else, I'm really sorry. I said this would be up on Saturday, and it's Wednesday! All I can say is I had a bit of a busy weekend and... yeah, I didn't find the time to post this chapter. Anyway, it's here now, and I hope you enjoy it. 

I couldn't believe that Kaisa had given the violin to me. I just couldn't. But she did. And now I'm happier than I've been in a while, because something else amazing happened today.

After lunch, Kaisa and I left for our separate classes, and I got through the rest of the day thinking about what to do. If Mom were to find out about all of this, I didn't know what she'd do. So, after a lot of deliberation, I called Dad that night.

"Hi," I said, when he picked up.

"Hi, sweetie, how are you?"

"I'm..." I didn't know how to answer, so I just started from the beginning. I told him about Mom pulling me out of violin lessons and selling my violin. I told him about the concert where I'd seen Kaisa and her violin. I told him about stealing it back, and about secretly playing it, and about how guilty I felt, and about Kaisa taking it back, and then Kaisa's giving it back to me... 

I told him everything. And when I was done, there was silence on his end. Then finally he said something, and his voice sounded really shaky.

"Sweetie... I'm coming home."

* * *

A few hours later, the doorbell rang. I ran down the stairs at a speed that was probably very unsafe (not that I cared) and opened the door. There was Dad.

And without a word, he hugged me, and I hugged him back. I thought I'd feel like crying, but for some reason I didn't. I just felt happy. Like everything could finally go back to normal.

Mom came too, and she hugged both of us. She looked upset, and I don't know what's going to happen now, but I think it'll be fine, even if I can't really forgive her yet. Then we had dinner, all of us, even though Mom and Dad were still a bit stiff with each other. Dad's still angry about what Mom did with my violin.

They're talking now, down in the living room. I'm going to go to sleep now. The violin's not under my bed anymore - it's beside my bed, on the floor. I know no one's going to take it now. 

I don't think I'll ever stop feeling grateful to Kaisa.