Axelia

I finished my latest job quite quickly, given how large the reward was. This should get the guild back to an even playing field with Twilight Ogre. Jeez, the lot of them would save a lot more money if they acted like their own guildmates and just settled this with force. It's not like they owe anything more than an insane amount of interest anyway. I would do it myself but Master Bob forbid me from causing fights on their behalf while still wearing the Blue Pegasus guild mark. 

With my sack of money in hand, I instantly teleport outside the rundown building that is the Fairy Tail guild hall. I used to teleport inside the guild itself, but I always startled someone so badly that it's just better to appear outside the guild. I walk in the doors and I'm met with complete and utter silence. I look around to everyone, with their sorrowfull expressions and tear filled eyes and wonder what could be wrong. Then, I notice several broken tables and scattered pictures near Reedus, and I vaguely know what could have happened. I've never met the people in the drawings, but I know just about everything about them. 

I sigh quietly and move to pick up the loose pages that are strewn about everywhere. I carefully stack them and lay them on the table next to Reedus who silently puts them back in their folder. I move to put the tables back in order and I'm immediately joined by Jet and Wakaba. After the guild is put together I move toward Kinana near the bar. 

"Here's the money from my job." I told her and handed her the sack. 

"Thanks, Ax." She said with a small smile. 

"What exactly happened?" I asked quietly. 

"Twilight Ogre came and destroyed the guild. Tormented us." Kinana averted her gaze and out the sack of jewel behind the bar. 

"I should have gotten here sooner." I angrily grumbled and turned my back, leaning against the bar with my shoulders. 

"You know there's nothing you could have done." Macao said as he approached. 

"They're still terrified of me." I answered. "I wouldn't have needed to fight them, they would have pissed their pants anyway." Macao shook his head in defeat. Every day I look into each of their eyes and see less and less hope. It's a wonder to me how they could have stayed afloat for so long. 

"Where's the kid?" I asked, trying to change the subject. 

"He's on his way back with Alzack and Bisca." Macao answered. 

"He's been going on a lot more jobs." I mentioned. 

"Yeah, there's not too many that are too dangerous for him to go on anyway." Macao answered with bitterness. I looked toward the others in the guild. Nab, Warren, Jet, Droy, Reedus and Max were talking about them again. 

"Is Acnologia's roar really powerful enough to do so much horrific damage?" Nab asked through his tears.

"Yes, it is!" Warren said. "I don't think you understand, it destroyed an entire nation all on its own! There's no way anyone could face that monster and live to talk about it!"

"Why did it have to kill all of our friends?" Max asked. I looked into their minds, and for the first time, I saw no hope in them at all. This is the first time anyone in the guild has every suggested that they were all dead. 

"It's been seven years." Wakaba mumbled. "Maybe it's time to call it quits."

"How can you say that?" Laki yelled. 

"Hold on for a minute, guys." I tried to say softly. 

"I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this!" Macao said.