To the boy I first met

Dear V,

You were the guy in the uniform. Your smile was my breath of fresh air and I only really met you once. Yet still your arms were what I wanted wrapped around me, to put all of my pieces back together. I wanted you to hug me so tightly that I would be molded into you, creating the perfect place to remain for the rest of my life. Gosh, and that dimple on your left cheek when you would make that smirk if someone said something that made you chuckle, and then there was that laugh. That crazy, amazing laugh. Some people could have horrendous laughs that would make anyone cover their ears, but oh lord, yours was careless, and manly. A low rumble that I could feel in my throat. It made me want to crack a joke or two if I had the ability to be your stand up comedian.

Though you seemed most perfect to me, underneath you seemed like your flaws were on a showcase in a trophy room. The cut on your eyebrow is no regular battlescar saying you failed. It was a sign on display reading the words, "I survived the war to help my country and now our people may rest in the comfort of their own homes with no worries that they may come to be in harm's way. You are a hero in my eyes and everybody elses as well i'm sure.

If I had any say I would tell you to never leave. I would ask you to put your hand in mine and just be my date to the dance. You don't have to be good and you could even step on my toes if you wanted, I would mind. As long as you were with me and I knew you were safe. I loved how you put others before you every time. No matter how little the gesture was. It would be huge to them. Your uniform held the statement that you were one to do whatever it took to make everybody else happy and safe even if you suffered to be in that position in the first place.

You may not be living in the best of conditions ,but you made the most of it. Your feet may hurt after only sleeping for four hours and taking a cold five minute shower. Yet you still face everyday with your pearly white smile, your manly low rumble of a laugh and a heart that continues to grow each and every day. I just met you and yet I still can't get you out of my head. I don't even think I learned your last name. That's okay because if it is meant to be, then we will meet again one day. Our encounter was short and brief ,but trust me, there is no way
I could forget a laugh life yours ,nor a face as perfect as yours.

P.S. This is the girl who laughed at every funny thing you said whether it was truly funny or not. Also hopefully the girl you run into randomly in the future.

Love, lex