All Brand New {3}

I walk into the kitchen early that morning. It's maybe seven at the latest and I think so far I'm the only one awake. I assume Bellamy is probably awake too since he does so much around the house. I haven't seen him yet.

The cupboards are vast and fully stocked. Bellamy must make a lot of money to keep this place going and I'm sure he has more income streams than just the Gardens. I wonder what else he does. I make myself a cup of chai tea and a slice of toast. The official breakfast is still a while away but I'm really not feeling like much. I'm not a big believer in breakfast, it usually makes me feel nauseous.

I sit up on the counter and listen to the early birds chirp. It is still dawn. I close my eyes and take in a deep breath. I jump when strong hands place themselves on my shoulders. Red grins at me. His dark hair is dishevelled, eyes are full of mischief. His eyebrow piercing catches in the blue light.

"Good morning, sunshine," he laughs.

I glare at him. "Hands off."

Red's hands run down the length of my arms before he removes them. "You looked a little tense, I was thinking of offering you a massage," he pouted and moved away to the coffee machine.

I ignore him and finish off my tea. The morning is a slow one, the sun only barely starting to rise, giving a soft blue glow to the whole bottom floor. The house is pretty open plan on this side, I haven't seen into too many of the rooms yet. My tour was only a short one and I didn't do much exploring yesterday. I am excited to explore but don't want to get lost or end up walking into someone's room. I haven't been on the girl's side of the rooms upstairs yet. There aren't many here and I've only talked to Niahm and Willow.

I watch Arran walk down the stairs, yawning and stretching as he lazily enters the kitchen. I take a sip of my tea. It's starting to become tepid. Arran greets me with a warm smile then puts his arm around Red, drinking his coffee, and kisses him on the cheek. Is Arran taken? Or is that just a friendly way of saying hi? The innocent act of affection has me looking away, my cheeks heating up. I'm not used to people being so open with their feelings. My parents split up when I was a kid and my mom never got herself another boyfriend. She was too busy with work and dealing with me.

Arran starts pulling out pots and pans, asking Red to help him. I guess we are having breakfast after all. I'm sure I don't have to eat it, Felix wasn't there for yesterday's breakfast and no one made any comments or concerns. I feel useless just sitting here with cold tea and crumbs from my own breakfast so I jump off the counter and ask if I can help too.

"Nah, don't worry about it, it's our turn today," Arran says, gesturing between him and Red. "Bellamy hasn't officially put you on the chores list yet."

"Oh, okay." I don't really know what I am supposed to be doing so I just watch them cook until everyone else starts waking up.

"Mornin'!" Elliot jumps into the kitchen admiring the food that was being made. "Arran, can you make me pancakes? Pretty please," Elliot puts on the most convincing puppy eyes I've ever seen. If Arran doesn't make that boy some pancakes, I will.

Arran gives him a stern look, crossing his arms over his broad chest. "How many times have you had pancakes this week?"

Elliot's face turns pink. "J-just a couple,"

Arran's expression remains stern. He raises an eyebrow.

"Okay, okay, fine, every day, but like, please, I'm really craving pancakes, please!"

Red snorts.

"No, Elliot," Arran says with finality.

"I'll suck your dick for a pancake," Elliot pleads. I choke on my last sip of tea.