Chapter 11

Jack turned off all the lights in the living room as his wife led Lily and Sophie through with their mates birthday cake. As soon as they entered the room everyone began to sing happy birthday to the twins. While they sang Lily set the cake she was holding in front of James and Sophie set her cake down in front of Ian.

When everyone finished singing Ian and James blew out the eighteen candles on each cake. Jack snapped a picture of the two as they blew out the candles. Rosie jumped up to each of her brothers giving them each a kiss on the cheek. The twins were just about to cut the cake when the door bell rang. Jack huffed in annoyance and muttered curses under his breath as he went to answer the door.

James and Ian sprinted to their dad's side when they heard loud growls from the door. James froze as he saw it was Ellie and two other guys who had a tight grip on two viscous looking dogs. Jack spoke first. "Ellie, long time no see."

Ellie looked guilty. "Sorry about that. I was working."

"Funny because I work every weekday and I still see my family every night before I go to sleep." Jack didn't look happy.

"Yeah? Well I don't have a family Jack."

James cleared his throat and spoke up. "Ellie? What are you doing here? I thought you couldn't make it because you were working?"

"I am working. Look someone reported hearing a lot of noise coming from here. They thought it was a bear attack but we all know that you don't get bears here. I'm supposed to be 'investigating' the supernatural probability with these two dummies but instead I'm here to help you and throw TESS off your case."

Jack looked relieved and opened the door wider for them all to come in. "You just missed the twins blowing out the candles but don't worry you're just in time for presents."

Ian took a step away from one of the dogs that tried to snap his leg. "What about the dogs why are they here?"

"These guys are your cover. Don't worry in a couple of days we will come around again to put them down. Their big dogs and I'm sure if they fought they would make a lot of noise."

The taller man spoke up. "Oh yeah and I think that their bite is still worse than their bark."

"Who are you?"

"My name is Damon Weiß and this here is Keith Frasers."

"You both work for TESS?"

"Well we 'work' for TESS but we really help out some rebel group."

"Where?"

"Can't tell you that. Top secret."

"Let's get back to the party shall we. Happy birthday Ian!" Ellie threw her arms around Ian and then hugged James. "Happy Birthday Jamie!"

"I told you not to call me that!"

"I know but I love winding you up. Let's go."

Damon followed Ellie and the twins leaving Keith standing with Jack. "Excuse me sir but where should I put these blood thirsty beasts?"

"Here." Jack held open a door to a room that was padded. Keith looked at Jack confused after he shut the door on the dogs. "That's the time out room for werewolves."

Keith grinned. "Nice."

Ellie recognised a few faces from school but she had only really been close to James, Ian, Sophie and Amber. She wished that Amber was here. She looked across the room and saw Sophie talking to a girl with black hair. Ellie ran up to Sophie and tackled her in a hug.