VI

Taehyung never felt so lucky until that moment, when the dust cleared from his fogged brain, and the man's hand was ripped from the gun. Taehyung whipped his head to the side to see the police officer with his own gun out, and ran over to the rest of his members, who were in varying shades of shock. When Yoongi looked up, he realized he was still holding on tightly to Jeongguk, who was still shaking, eyes clamped shut.

    Police officers swarmed the venue, surrounding the two men at the scene. As they were placing the cuffs on Min Soo, he caught the members eyes. "This is your fault, Jeon Jeongguk" And he was led away. Jeongguk shook his head, breaths forced out to shallow. Yoongi clutched him tightly to his chest, trying to get him to calm down, but the pain from his gut and the thoughts, the cold dark thoughts swirling through his mind, made him dizzy beyond belief. And suddenly, he wanted it all to stop. So he let go, and the members watched as Jeongguk's body crumpled to the ground, Yoongi barely catching him in time.

————————-
   "It's alright, he's just unconscious," the paramedics that had arrived onto the scene said, and everyone breathed out in relief. "But, his ribs don't look to good, and their will definitely be some sort of bruising, I recommend that he still go to the hospital," she said as she pressed down on the area where he as been hit. Then she checked Jin's bandaged head. "I'm unsure if he has a concussion, as I don't have many recourses here, so I'd say you might as well get him checked up on as well, though I highly doubt he has one considering he was thinking clearly and aware of his surroundings." "But he passed out," Taehyung said, "when we found him he was unconscious, and he was like that for a while." The paramedic hummed. "It's not uncommon for one to pass out from the shock of the situation, and with the blow to the head, he was unconscious for longer." Namjoon nodded, looking down at his feet. Two members were hurt, and everyone else would be emotionally traumatized, himself included. The ride to hospital was so quiet you could here the traffic surrounding them, tires rumbling on the bump of the street.

—————————

   While Jin and Jeongguk were in the hospital with the nurse, Yoongi was with the officers, answering questions. "His original target was you Yoongi-ssi," they had said. He knew that much, though he didn't know as to why. "May I speak with him," Yoongi whispered quietly, not wanting to ever see Min Soo's face again, but the need for answers outran his hatred.

The detective, albeit reluctantly, nodded and Min Soo was brought into the room, sitting beside two officers, in front of Yoongi. "Why?" Was all Yoongi could bite out, emotions becoming to much. "Did you know, ever since you busted me, I was black listed from every entertainment company? My career was ruined because of you, as well as my left eye, your fists do more damage then you think." Yoongi, despite the situation, smirked knowing he got one good hit on the man back in the day. The day after he found out that Jeongguk was being abused. Min Soo had been nowhere to be seen so the members paired up to look for the man and confront him, planning to get a clean confession. Jeongguk and Yoongi went to the studio to look, but it appeared to be empty, turned out it wasn't. That memory was one of Yoongi's least favorite, and it was the cause of his already hatred to turn into something worse, but that story was for another time.

"So I was the target because I hit you? Sorry to say this, but you ended you're own career the moment you hurt Jeongguk." Yoongi scowled. Min Soo only smirked. "You're right. If Jeongguk wouldn't have told you, I'd probably still be with you. I've noticed I always hated seeing him smile, rubs me the wrong way. It's all his fault." Yoongi  jumped out of his seat. "Don't you dare pin your actions on my brother," Yoongi growled. Min Soo raised an eyebrow. "Brother? I'm only here because of your so called brother's lack of pain intolerance." The officers held Yoongi back as he tried to break forward. Min Soo was being led out of the room when he turned around. "You better watch your maknae, this is far from over." And he smiled that smile, the one Yoongi hated most, an disappeared, hands in cuffs, but leaving Yoongi with more fear then ever before.

——————-

   Jeongguk was okay, just two bruised ribs, shaken up, but he was okay. And Namjoon was thankful. Jin didn't have a concussion, but he did have a large bump on his head that was pretty swollen, and it made Namjoon crack a little smile, earning him a smack on the shoulder, making the younger members laugh. Yoongi arrived to see his family smiling, hugging each other, and his heart lifted at the sight.

   He came closer to Jimin, who was leaning on Taehyung, and squeezed his shoulder. "Oh, Yoongi hyung, you're back?" Yoongi nodded. "How's everyone?" Jimin didn't answer, sure they were smiling, but the situation that they had been in was scary, and they had almost lost their youngest member. Jeongguk's head was on Hoseok's shoulder, and Namjoon's arms wrapped around their youngest as  Jin leaned on him. Yoongi noticed that they could smile, because they were each comforting each other. Jin looked up at Yoongi and smiled, beckoning him over. Yoongi sat down and immediately he was pulled in for a hug from his only hyung, and the tears fell.

   Jin didn't say anything, just held him, and soon, everyone was in a circle, holding closely onto one another, crying together. Jeongguk looked down at the floor. "Hyungs, I'm so sorry, all of this was my fault." Despite the shocked expressions and raised eyebrows he got, no one interrupted. "If only I was stronger, then maybe we'd be okay, but we're not, and it's because of me. I'm sorry I've been such a burden, but hyungs, even still, you're here, I just don't understand," He said, sniffling in between. "You're not a burden, you're our brother, Gukkie. There is no bangtan without you. If you were gone, who'd play over watch with me?" Taehyung said as he cupped the younger's face. "There was a chorus of yeah's and then Jimin piped up. "I'd have no one to prank Yoongi hyung," Yoongi's bead looked up sharply at that, Jimin giggling. Namjoon shook his head, but smiled. "Jeongguk, we love you. We'll always stick with you, no matter what you do. You might not understand yet, but we'll help you. We can't just let this go, not like last time, we have to address it. We can't ignore this situation. So let's work together and get through this." Hoseok squeezed Jeongguk's arm, silent tears falling from his eyes as the rest of the members held each other, a silent agreement in their eyes.

They would get through this the right way. But no one ever said it would be easy.

   That night, in the living room of their dorm, the members pulled out their duvets, slept in one room. Namjoon was the last one to lay down, reading an article over what heh had just been through less than seven hours ago. One sentence in particular caught his eye.

"Three suspects have been caught in the incident, but it is believed that their is more persons involved. The police investigation will be continued in searching for at least two more suspects known to have been involved."

  "Namjoon hyung?" Namjoon looked over to see Jeongguk groggily sitting up. "I'm going to bed Jeonggukie, hold on." He closed his phone, deciding to worry about the situation more tomorrow. Right now, he had a family to care for. He didn't regret his decision when Jeongguk happily snuggled closer to him, Namjoon pulling him closer to his chest, heart swelling with the love he felt for all of his members as Jimin, who was on his left, kicked a foot over Namjoon's legs, mouth opening in a small breath as he slept.

Namjoon closed his eyes, surrounded by his family, warmth being the only thing he felt in that moment.