Chapter 7 - Friendship

Damien Pov

I woke up to the sound of my doorbell ringing which sent me flying into the air because I got a fright.
I got out of bed and walked down the stairs and soon got to my front door.
I opened the door and saw Shayne standing there looking as excited as ever."Hey Damien,I got big news" Shayne spoke with such enthusiasm which was surprising considering how early it was in the morning."Morning Shayne,come in and explain" I told him and he immediately ran straight into my kitchen and started searching through my cupboards."What are you doing?" I asked confused on what was going on.
"Sorry I skipped breakfast I just had to tell you this" Shayne said grabbing a breakfast bar while closing the cupboards then taking a seat.
"Okay well if your so excited then spit it out" I knew it was something because Shayne never gets this excited.
"Well I got an email this morning saying that....WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!"
He exclaimed jumping out of his seat at the same time.
I ran up and hugged him while barely speaking."Omg that's amazing we can finally do it"
That's amazing me and Shayne have been looking for a nice,affordable house for months now,we've always wanted to live together and now we finally can.
"I know and I signed everything that I needed to so we can move in this weekend!" He said still overwhelmed with excitement.
"Well I guess I better start get packing" I said making us both laugh.

Time Skip

Me and Shayne were now sitting waiting for the bus to arrive just talking about the new house,I was so excited,living in my own house with my best friend,this has been my dream for ages.
Finally the bus pulled up in front of me and Shayne.
Just as we got on the bus someone pushed me to the side and I fell into two kids.
I apologized and got off of them,then looked to see who did it and what met my eyes was no surprise.
I saw Olivia crawling all over Shayne.
She is such a b*tch,I don't know what Shayne sees in her but he insists he loves her so I just let it be.
As soon as she saw me looking at her she just had to speak up "What are you looking at you creep" after she said it she scoffed and gave me a weird look."Olivia don't say that he's my best friend" Shayne said defending me,that was one thing Olivia didn't like about Shayne,no matter who you are he will always defend me.
I gave Shayne a thank you grin which quickly faded when I saw Olivia staring at me."Whatever,Shayne come sit with me and the girls" Olivia said while grabbing Shayne's hand and dragging him to the other side of the bus.
As he was being dragged away he looked at me and mouthed 'sorry'.
I just gave him a smile and looked away.
I wasn't mad at him he is my best friend.
I'm mad at Olivia,she is so controlling over Shayne and won't let him do anything he wants.
That's another reason I'm excited to live with Shayne,me and him can hang out without an Olivia annoying us every second.
I came out of my thoughts and started looking for a seat,and found one at the back of the bus next to this cute blonde girl.
I walked up to her "Is this seat taken?"
I asked giving her the nicest smile I could.
She turned to look at me and just nodded with a gloom expression on her face.
"Thanks,I know I'm not anyone you know but what's wrong." I quistioned  her,once again giving her a nice smile.
"I do know you and it's just family stuff." She whispered under her breath and I was just able to hear it.
I understood it was family business,everyone gets that but how did she know me.
"Okay,well I hope it gets better and if you don't mind me asking how do you know me?" I asked giving her a quistioning look which probably made me look like a weirdo.
"Your Damien Haas the nice guy in school,everyone knows you.
Also your Shayne Topp's best friend." She explained while looking over at Shayne which made her expression even worse and that looked hard to do.
"I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing I'm known for just that" I said jokingly,making her chuckle a little.
"It's a good thing I promise,everyone likes Shayne and everyone likes you." She reassured me,making feel pretty good inside.
Everyone liked me??,well my day just got 10 times better.
"Anyway I don't even know your name,your already know my name but I'm Damien Haas." I said while reaching out for a handshake.
She accepted the handshake "I'm courtney Miller." She said while staring into my eyes.
She was very pretty but she was nothing compared to the one and only.

Me and Courtney spoke for the rest of the journey,I found out so much about her.
She part of the school track team,loves acting and wants to be a teacher.
We exchanged numbers and planned on meeting up sometime later this week which is gonna be great.
As I was walking off the bus I felt someone grasp my shoulder.
I turned and saw Shayne standing there with a cheeky grin on his face.
"Found yourself a girlfriend I see" He said jokingly.
"Shut up" I exclaimed while giving him a punch in the shoulder.
He yelped out in pain making me laugh hysterically.

Me and Shayne were walking to class when something caught my eye.
I saw Courtney standing there talking to the one and only.
The most beautiful girl in the world,Erica Bozeman aka (Boze).
I have a massive crush on Boze but just don't have the balls to talk to her,as much as I want to I just can't bring myself to do it.
It looked like Boze was blushing furiously and stunned with shock.
I could tell because her jaw was hanging lower than I thought humanly possible.
As I was staring Shayne came up to me and whispered in my ear."Hear we have a wild Damien in his natural habitat,staring at girls."
He said it in his stupid voice which made me shout out in laughter.
"You know it" I said in a soothing voice and just looked him in the eyes.
"Well,go get em tiger" Shayne said while shoving me towards them and walking away.
He was just the best and worst person in the world.
"Hey Damien" I heard a voice yell.
I turned and saw Courtney waving at me,while Boze was just staring at the ground.
I walked over and Courtney began the to speak "Hey Damien you know Boze right." Courtney asked while shoving her hands in Boze's direction,who was still looking down.
"Of course I do" I replied smiling weekly.
As soon as I said that Boze flung her head up and I could see her eyes were wide with shock.
"R-really" Boze stuttered staring at me with her wide eyes.
"Yeah she's like the prettiest girl I know" I instantly covered my mouth and my eyes widened.
'WHY DID I JUST SAY THAT',I thought to myself still frozen in fear.
I could see Boze was also completely stunned and couldn't move.
I didn't know what to do so I just ran,ran as fast as I could until I was out of sight from them.
'God Damien why are you such an idiot' I thought to myself while slamming my head into the wall.
What am I gonna do??

Author Note

Well that was also an interesting chapter.
I'm trying to spead things up a little bit but I've also been asked to keep it slow I need to keep it in the middle which is hard to do.
I might make something BIG happen in the next chapter that is gonna be bad for everyone but I need to make sure you guys want that so just let me know in the comments.
Anyway I gotta go so I'll see you later.