Chapter 11: Encounter.

They all stood in the service passage, darkness surrounded them. Silence filled the passage as they listened, and they could hear it. Jones stared up at the hatch, he knew it wasn't right above them because it would have been much louder, but it was in the room.

Jones could hear it, they all could. It was in the room, it was looking for them, Jones knew that for sure. Jones couldn't make up his mind on what drove it out, their shouting, the alarms, King shooting himself. Jones wasn't sure, the only thing he was sure of was that he had to see it! He had to see this thing, this alien that had killed everyone onboard, he needed to know what it looked like.

He hesitated for a second but then he started to climb the ladder up to the hatch. Clark grabbed him but Jones pushed him away, not enough force to nock him over but just enough to get him away.

Jones gripped the hatches handle and very slowly begun to open it! He only opened it a crack, he was expecting to meet King's lifeless eyes once again but this time he didn't.

King's body was hosted slightly of the ground, his arms hung limp to his side's. His legs still lay on the floor and his head, was in the hand of a monster that came straight out of a nightmare!

Jones eyes widened as he stared at the alien. It's dark skeleton-like hand gripped King's head, a long dark tail slivered around it's body. It's head was long, it reminded Jones of a banana funny enough. Jones stared at it's face, no eyes, but it had teeth, they shined as the light hit them, drool dripped from it's jaws.

Jones shivered at the sight. He noticed that it was positioned in a slight crouch, but even when it was crouching it still look big!

Jones watched as the alien grabbed King's shoulder with it's free hand, it then moved it's other hand down to grip his other shoulder. It pulled him close to it face and the next thing it did scared Jones to the point where he was nearly sick.

Some kind of tongue but with it own mini jaw shot out and went through King's head and in an instant it went back into the creatures mouth. Small bits of King's head fell onto the floor and drool and blood dripped from the aliens mouth, Jones gagged at the site.

Jones was startled when the creature dropped King's body, he watch as it grabbed his leg and started to pull him away to the vent, leaving a trail of blood. The alien climbed into the vent head first and then pulled King after him, and then disappeared.

Jones listened to the shuffling and banging sounds as the alien moved away from them in the vent. They were getting fainter and fainter and then... silence.

Jones waited for a moment and then opened the hatch fully and climbed out. He stared at the blood covered vent as the others joined him, they too stared at all the blood in disbelief and then at Jones.

"W-what did i-it look like?" Jackson asked, not wanting to look at the blood any longer.

"It took his body, it took King's body!" Clark said, staring at the blood on the floor.

"That wasn't all it did" Jones simply said.

"What do you mean, what did it do!?" Clark said in a whispered tone.

"It was big, very big, it was dark and skeleton-like. It's head was massive and it had a long tail" Jones said.

They all stared at Jones, waiting for an answer. "It picked him up and held him close to it's face and then it opened it's mouth and this inner jaw shot out and went through King's head!"

They all stared at him with terrified expression's. "What do we do now" Hill asked, looking between Phillip and Jones.

"We can't stay here, the alien now's there was activatey here so it may come back... so I say we leave this area and try and find another way to send out an distance signal, hell maybe if we can get the main power back online we can use one or two of the EEV's"

Jackson shook his head "no, we should stay here, I mean what if someone calls, what if someone's gets just close enough to us so we can contact them?"

Phillip shook his head "that won't work, we could only get sort range Communications back online, to get the long range Communications back on we need the main power"

Jackson stared at them and started to shake "what do we do then?"

Jones shook his head "I just told you, but first we need some weapons, so we're off to the armory in the marshal's office"

They all stepped over the blood trail and made for the door, just before leaving, Jones took one more look at the room and at the remains of the Hawker that had begun to drift apart, and with that, he closed the door.