2

"Mr. Stark. We need you down here. Its about young Mr. Parker." Tony's heart raced when he heard the kid's name. "Is he ok?" Tony panicked. "Its his Aunt May." The nurse explained. "We need you down here immediately." She left the line dead to a broken man on the other side.

Tony rushed to his car and raced to the hospital. He bursted in the front doors and ran towards the receptionist. "Parker. Peter. Peter Parker." He panted as he reached the woman's desk. She looked up from the computer she was focused on and into Tony's red eyes. "Right this way Mr. Stark."

The woman lead him to an empty hallway, doors filled the walls on either sides. She stopped before a room that displayed the number 662 on it and presented itself closed.

"Sir, I just want to warn you, the kid isnt taking this too well." She tried to sound sympathetic but failed. "No shit he isnt taking this well! What happened to May anyway?" He snapped.

"May Parker, caught in crossfire of gang fight. Two shot wounds, one to the chest, other to the side of skull. Resulted in coma." She read off the manila folder she snatched from the cubby by the door.

"Who brought her in?"

"Retrieved by local Spiderman."

Tony felt his heart sink to his feet, just the thought of the kid having to bring in his own dying aunt. "Sir, she is going to die in a few hours at most. We really dont think he should be here." She glanced into the small window of the door at the boy kneeling next to his aunt's bed.

Tony pushed her aside and pulled open the door. Peter didnt even look up from his aunt at Tony. The nurse stayed outside as Tony walked towards the broken boy on the ground. He sat down next to him, holding him tightly.

Peter finally raised his head at Tony a few minutes later. His eyes, blood-red, drooped under the weight of his eyelids. "Mr. Stark." He whimpered, trying his hardest not to cry.

"Kid, its going to be ok." Peter buried his head into Tony's shoulder. Tony glanced at the door, clicking open. "Mr. Stark, can we see you outside please." The nurse stuck her head into the doorway.

Tony squeezed Peter's shoulders one more time before rising from the ground and to the door.

"Mr. Stark. A pleasure to meet you." A tall man in a white lab coat greeted Tony as he closed the door behind himself. "Tony." Stark butted in. "Tony, child services are on their way to pick up Peter. We just need you to sign a few papers."

Tony was shocked by the words coming out of the doctor's mouth. "C-c-child services?" Tony stuttered. "Yes. He has nowhere to live." The nurse interrupted. "Any relatives?" Tony questioned. "All deceased." Tony shook his head.

"Bullshit." Tony muttered under his breath. He peered into the room at the broken boy grasping his aunt's hand.

'I can't let that poor kid go to child services. Too dangerous. They could find out.' He contemplated in his head.

"Fuck it. I'll take the kid." Tony blurted. "Excuse me?" The doctor looked up from his clipboard.

"I said I'll take the kid. Adopt him or whatever."

"Not that this is any of my business sir, but are you sure you are fit to be a father?" The nurse stepped in. "How hard can it be?" He stared into the room at Peter.

"Ill call the adoption agency and tell them to meet them at your residency. The tower Im assuming?" The doctor asked. "Yeh." Tony replied, not breaking the gaze into the room.

The doctor walked away and a small hand was placed on Stark's shoulder. He turned around to see Nat's sympathetic face behind him.

"The doc told me. You did the right thing." She glanced over Tony's shoulder and into the room at Peter. "He's a good kid. He doesn't deserve this." His voice was shaking.

Tony walked into the room and told Peter they had to leave. Peter obviously refused to leave May's side, but Tony knew it was for the best. He picked up the skinny kid, screaming to let him down. Tony kept walking, ignoring the painful screams of the kid, draped over his shoulder. Peter squirmed, trying to break free from Tony's strong grip. Nat lead them to the car as Tony laid Peter in the back.

"YOU CANT DO THIS!" He screamed. "I CANT LEAVE HER!" Tears drained out of his bulging red eyes.

This was so painful for Tony to witness and be a part of. He kept moving, it was for the best and he knew that.