Part 3 - Jared

Grace

I woke up around 7 pm to find the house empty. I knew Noah had gone outside even though I strictly told him not to. God, I'm gonna kill him, I thought to myself. I found his note on the kitchen table: "Gone grocery shopping, if im not back in an hour, call Jared and check my phone's location". I waited an hour but soon started to worry. Before calling jared I decided to take some steps of my own and headed out to the store.
Once i got there i found out from the shopkeeper about the car and the guys and how they kidnapped Noah. I couldn't believe it. First Mom and now Noah. I had to find him but I couldn't do it alone. Most of my friends had left the city once the riots begin and we had no family left whatsoever. For the first time in my life, I truly felt alone. I went back home and called Jared who picked up on the 3rd bell,

"Listen, Noah has been kidnapped, he was taken from outside the supermart and i told him not to go but he still went anyw-"

"Hey, calm down. I'll be over in a minute and you tell me whats wrong"

The doorbell rang.
I opened the door and he found me crying and comforted me and then i told him everything starting from mom's sudden death to Noah's kidnapping. As i mentioned the kidnapping, i saw Jared's expressions change from pity to concern.

"We need to find him and we need to find him quick. These are dangerous times Grace. We need to stick together. Grab whatever you think is necessary and meet me at my house in about an hour".

I wasn't exactly the adventurous type. That was my twin's job. So "whatever you think is necessary" to me meant "grab your laptop, Noah's medical supplies and Dad's gun"

I met Jared at his house which I knew because Noah didn't know how to drive, I used to take him there.

"Okay. I'm all ready and packed and I have some supp-  where did you get a gun?!" Asked Jared.

"Oh its my dad's".

"Uhh... okay....Well lets get going".

We got into his car and he turned to me and asked,

"Now where did they take him again?"

"I dont know, the shopkeeper said they went eastwards but we cannot be sure where they mig- WAIT. I just remembered that Noah left me a note!"

I dug into my bag and pulled out a balled up piece of paper and handed it  to Jared.

"Okay, Okay search his location".

"Its approximately 450 km away, thats about 3-4 hours"

"Well we better hurry then".