chapter xiii: skywalker.

A/N: So there is a new OC in this chapter named Abraxas Fallon, just a heads up. As listed in the cast, he is portrayed by Matthew Daddario. Also, Dr. Aphra from the comics is also in this chapter; don't worry if you know nothing about her! Everything will eventually be explained.

Though the Emperor was pleased that Vader was able to stop the arms factory on Cymoon-1 from being destroyed, his master was disappointed that he failed to bring in the rebels. He was not punished for it, however, since overall, Vader was successful.

He has enough on his plate already; the last thing he needs is the Emperor punishing him for his failures.

The only order the Emperor gave him before ending their holocall was to find the rebels and bring them to justice. Vader, of course, purposely neglected to tell his master that the rebel pilot and the Organa Princess were being trained by Obi-Wan Kenobi... in fact, Palpatine doesn't even know that Skywalker's master still lives.

If the two Jedi trainees were revealed to the Emperor, he might get in the way of Vader's plans, and he can't have that. The boy would be his weapon, and he wants the Princess to die by his own hand.

But Vader, being the busy man that he is, knows that he will need help if he is to bring the rebels in. He cannot dedicate all of his time to finding them, so he has decided that he will find people who can.

A bounty hunter. That was the answer, that was what he needed.

And so that was what Lord Vader sought.

He arrives at Jabba's palace completely unannounced, shoving the Gamorrean guards aside with the Force to allow himself entry. Vader is in a hurry today; his time is limited. Not only does he have to track down a suitable bounty hunter, but there is another contact that he must find.

No one else tries to stop Vader as he marches into Jabba's throne room. Most of the creatures stiffened or backed away upon spotting Vader's formidable, dark figure, all of them knowing better than to try to stand in the way of the Dark Lord.

As expected, Jabba is furious that Vader would show up unannounced.

Jabba speaks angrily in Huttese, but Vader does not need the crime lord's protocol droid to translate for him. After all these years, he still remembers the language, and he still holds as much disdain for the Hutt Clan as he always has. Even when the droid speaks to communicate Jabba's words in Basic, Vader ignores it and only listens to what Jabba has to say.

"You have some nerve," drawls Jabba, "coming here uninvited!"

Vader is unfazed. He knows that Jabba can do nothing to kill or harm him, as Jabba wouldn't be so stupid to try to attack the Emperor's right hand.

"It would serve you well to remember that you do business with the Empire," Vader replies nonchalantly. Behind his mask, his eyes are narrowed with distaste. "And that I represent it."

In a frustrated, caustic tone, Jabba responds, "I suppose so... but still--"

"I am here on personal business," Vader replies nonchalantly. He couldn't care less about what the vile Hutt thought; he only cares about getting what he needs. "I require your best bounty hunter."

Jabba begins to laugh. It is truly an insufferable sound, and it makes Vader want to drain the life from him. He is still in a sour mood from the events on Cymoon-1, and he has no patience for this right now.

"You'll have to pay double for disturbing me at such an early hour," the Hutt demands. "It is only fair."

Vader scowls, the heat of rage surging within him at Jabba's insatiable greed. Of course, Vader does have the money to pay double, but he doesn't want to be so generous, especially not to Jabba. Most of the payment would go to the bounty hunter, but he knows that Jabba will get a substantial percentage of it.