| three |

harry trudged into the bar, his boots clattering on the ground making a clicking noise. after replying a quick 'okay' to beverly, he had gone home and taken a shower before dressing in a flannel shirt, jeans, and boots, topping it off with a hat. 

music blared inside the compact bar, but very few people were dancing. everyone was mingling around, drinking and chattering over the music. the females were dressed in fairly lengthy dresses while the boys' attire varied from dress shirts to suits to casualty. this was one of the reasons why harry loved the bar so much; there were no girls dressed in slutty, short-length dresses and no one really gave a fuck what you wore. there was also little to no grinding on the dance floor, just plain old grooving to the rhythm. 

harry smiled as he spotted beverly seated on a bar stool near the counters where they usually sat, "hey."

"hi, harry," she grinned back, sliding a drink to harry. 

harry sipped from the glass before speaking, "what's on your mind?"

"oh, the usual, work."

"is the work too much to handle?"

"it's not the work, itself. it's just people like me have to work so hard to even keep the job, and it's difficult to find much time for myself. what pisses me off the most is that some people just sit around and do nothing, but their salary is higher than everyone elses, and whenever some of us are laid off, it's always the ones that work the hardest. it's just- it's really unfair."

"that doesn't sound like a fair system."

"trust me, it's no where near fair," she mumbled, signaling the bartender to fill her glass once more. 

harry smiled a sad smile, knowing too well that many things in the world were unfair.

a few minutes passed by in silence, in which beverly downed drinks rapidly.

"you're gonna have a bad hangover tomorrow, be careful," harry advised. 

"i don't care, harry. everything hurts."

harry knew how she felt, but decided against saying anything, giving her another empathetic smile, rubbing her back to make her feel better.

✘ ✘ ✘

beverly stumbled around, unable to keep her balance, passing out soon after. harry held onto her, carrying her to his car, but before they could reach his vehicle, she puked all over him, causing him to smell horribly. 

harry looked down at his shirt, but remained calm, continuing to lead her to the passenger seat, strapping her seat belt on tightly. he ignited the car with his keys, driving the familiar roads back to her apartment. once he reached the complex, he drove the car to a halt. harry looked at beverly, taking a piece of hair that was sprawled on her face and tucking it behind her ear. he then got out of the driver's side, walking to the other side and supporting beverly's weight as he took the key from her purse and unlocked the front door of her home. he immediately led her to the bedroom, removing her shoes and tucking her in the duvet. harry glanced at her sleeping face, smiling slightly before bringing his lips to her forehead. 

locking the door and leaving the apartment, harry drove off into the night, reeking of vomit.

harry's so cute ohmygod. ugh why does she have to have a boyfriend. 

sorry for the long wait.