His Story

" He was my hero and a heros' all I ever wanted to be "
                                           - Wind Dragon, JLU

Toshinori Yagi sat on a rooftop of a nearby building close to his successor, Isamu Maindo's home with said successor sitting right next to him. The yearly Sports Festival had just ended that day hours prior, with Isamu as the victor.

He had won the games with a mix of his born quirk and One for All, and then proclaimed his title as the future symbol of peace, much to Toshi's pride and joy. Also to happiness of Isamu's family of seven watching in the crowds. He received many congratulations from his classmates, teachers, and heroes who were present for participating. Except for Bakugo of course who fuming that he only got second place. Now the sun was setting with beautiful mix of pinks and oranges in the sky behind a sinking sun.

The two just sat there gazing at it after the long day. They were in comfortable silence when Isamu suddenly asked out of the blue:

" Hey All-Might?"

" Yes, my boy?"

" Did you ever regret not saving someone?" He asked curiously.

" Well of course. I can do many great things, but I'm still just one guy. I can't help everyone at once as much as I want to. What brought this on?" He asked with peek interest.

" I don't know.......I guess with these big shoes I'm going fill, I thought about everything I'll eventually have to face in the future. Yeah, I know as heroes we can't save everyone, but........what I meant was, was there somebody.....that you regret not saving the most? Just to humor me?"

All-Might took no more than a second to think of that exact person he couldn't save.

A person he wished he could've saved more than anything, but fate had refused his plea.

" All-Might?" Isamu asked a bit timidly, thinking he brought up a bad subject.

Toshi slightly bowed his head and sighed to himself. " Yes. To answer your question. There-" he paused. The younger of the two noticed his rapid demeanor change at the question that he started to regret asking more and more.

All-Might's head slowly moved up to face the sunset once again. " There was........one person I wished I could've saved more than anything that day,.......but.....fate was cruel". At these words, the U.A. student gave his mentor his full attention.

" A twelve year old boy named Izuku Midoriya......."

                          ************

A four year old Izuku was happily watching his favorite video on the computer in his dark room. Eyes so full of life and determination as he looked at the screen. He kept bouncing up and down with excitement so much that he kept worrying his mom when she heard loud thumping noises in the room.

" Wait? Izuku Midoriya!? Isn't that the kid who caused all that trouble with his powers and eventually.........died in the process? I remember hearing it all about it in Junior High"

" Yeah, but there so much to that story that even I didn't know. Only the bits and pieces I was told."

Izuku was just ordinary boy-or as ordinary as you could get in a super powered majority world-who wanted to be a hero, just like his idol, 1# hero and Symbol of Peace, All-Might.
Although there was one problem: he was a Quirkless. And to be a quirkless is like being a second-class citizen. A nobody. A weakling.

That day Izuku learned his first important life lesson: not all men are created equal.

At least that's what the world has been shoving in face since he found out. Katsuki Bakugou, or " Kacchan" Izuku used to call him, best friend turned bully would never cease to remind him otherwise. In vulgar and physical ways.