Flawed

Indigo glanced around at the cell, taking it in, and reflected on everything she had to do to get here.

~

I remember the day I was born. It was late December, one of the worst winters the new world had ever seen.

I've been in the system ever since. Everyone has been. Once you're born they whisk you away to a secret lab. I don't remember what happens next, I wasn't suppose to remember being born, but I do. Because I'm a flaw to their system, I know that much. However, I'm smart, at least smart enough to know when I'm different, and to act like I'm not, especially, when everyone acts the same, like they're being controlled by a higher being than themselves, like they planted something in them. They all grow together and learn together. No one is advanced and no one is lacking. The perfect civilization, except for me.

Sometimes, I like to think there's others out there, just like me, but I push the thought away. I have pushed it away for seventeen years.

My whole life has been a show and I the only actor until one bright summer morning. I was doing my usual morning routine with the rest of my family: my father, mother and two younger siblings. Once I ate my morning ration I went to my room and got dressed, grabbed my backpack and headed to school. I walked for ten minutes to school, just like everyone else that goes to my school. The same exact people came out of the same exact homes at the same exact time every single time, except today. Brad was a little late. His shirt was a little wrinkled, there was, also, a small hump in his back. These tiny details weren't very noticeable. I almost didn't notice them, but they were there. I noticed them. His flaws stood out to me like a bright yellow daisy in a black and white world.

He wasn't like the rest, he was flawed.

I was not alone.

\\\\\\\\\\°//////////

Hello there! It's Sherlockion, and I just want to know what you think! I'm not going to post the next chapter until I get fifteen reads. Unless for some magical reason this story becomes a hit and I get on later and there's a bunch of reads, and I don't have the next chapter wrote, I'll tell you here!

#flawed

Flawed (on hold)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें