Chapter 9 - Thick as Thieves

Loki Laufeyson's Sceptre of Chaos was no mere decorative staff, it was a tool for the finest chaos and darkest schemes. In terms of power, it matched Maleficent's Dragon's Eye.

The Sceptre of Chaos was a replica of the scepter that Loki had invaded Midgad/Earth with, only the Sceptre of Chaos was constructed out of an unbreakable Asgardian metal and the blue stone in it's razor - blade tip radiated a force of chaos so powerful that it could drive weak - minded victims insane. It had, admittedly, taken a toll on Loki's mind to control the Chaos, but no one really noticed - Loki had always been a bit insane, what was a bit more madness other than his average behavior?

Lilith closed her eyes and concentrated. She tuned out the sound of Mal throwing pebbles at the Jafar's Junk Shop window, trying to get a hold of Jay; she tuned out the feeling of the earth under her feet; she tuned out the stable, sour, musty scent of the air; she was just floating in nothingness, exposed to everything and anything sorcerous that might stray near her.

And she felt it.

A thin current of Chaos force, weaving over the island, seeping an unsettling, hyperactive and malevolent aura in the air. Mixed with the power of the Dragon's Eye, it was terrible and powerful. The Chaos called to her, beckoned her to come seize her father's Sceptre, control the utter Chaos it radiated, and wreaked havoc, take revenge and those who took her father away.

Mal took her hand and could feel what Lilith sensed. "Wow... that... thing's awake? That's the Chaos your father controlled? That's ... powerful. Terrible. Chaotic." Mal murmured.

"Beyond any evil you've felt before?" Lilith guessed. "Imagine how strong it is for me, the Daughter of Chaos."

"Lilith?" Jay said, "You alright?"

Lilith nodded. "Yeah. Fine. But ... did Mal talk to you already?"

Jay nodded. "Yeah. Let's step inside."

Mal and Lilith looked around the messy shop and Mal noticed a few things in a pile that were hers. She took them back with no comment. However, she did notice that Jay had nothing of Lilith that was stolen. Which, she guessed, was fine considering what had happened when they were seven, but it was still strange. Mal had once given Jay a concussion when he stole something of hers, and he still stole from her. Why didn't he try to take from Lilith?

Lilith spotted a nice bracelet made of twine and shiny - ish black rocks. She took it off the shelf and glanced at Jay, hoping he wasn't watching. He was, but the second she looked over, he looked down and pretended to inspect a beaker he'd pulled out of his pocket.

"Where'd you get that?" Lilith asked, pocketing the bracelet. Jay shrugged. "Reza had it in his bag. He was all protective about it, so I took it." Jay explained with a mischievous smile. Sometimes, Lilith could imagine Jay as a younger, magic - less Loki, Jay was so good at lies and mischief.

"Listen, I know you don't think we can, but we need to get to the Dragon's Eye and Sceptre of Chaos." Lilith said. Jay blinked, "Wait, Sceptre of Chaos? Loki's scepter is on the island and it's awake?

"Yeah." Mal said impatiently.

Jay took a breath before continuing. "But are you really serious? I mean your mom is a little crazy in the horn - head."

Lilith rolled her eyes. "You can't deny that Diablo's back. He was frozen in stone, but he's returned now. He's eaten almost everything in the cupboards."

"Whoa."

"I know, right?"

"I think lago is the same way." Jay said. " He eats more than my dad and I combined."