Chapter 10

~Midoria's POV~

As Midoria hugged Todoroki, he couldn't concentrate. The smell of the poor boy overran him. Midoria felt Todoroki cling to him like he was holding him on earth. He sort of was. Midoria looked into Todoroki's eyes, Midoria could see the shell of a broken man. "Todoroki," Midoria whispered, "I'm not going anywhere, you don't need to worry."
Todoroki froze, unspoken words floated around the room. They seemed to say so many things Midoria wasn't sure he could answer. They polluted his ears as they rang out a sorrowful call. Midoria wasn't sure what to do. Through his very monotonous life, he hadn't encountered this problem before. Todoroki seemed upset, Midoria hated this. Midoria squeezed Todoroki for a moment, "T-todoroki, I know you probably don't want to answer this but, why did you do it?"
Todoroki's face grimaced, "I I just..." Todoroki neither wanted to or could finish the statement. His eyes looked into Midoria's as he thought wildly about how many things he could say. It was something he couldn't muster the courage to truly figure out what to do. Todoroki sighed, "Sorry."
"It's alright!" Midoria whispered quickly, "I shouldn't have asked I'm so so sorry."
"No-no you have a ri-right to kn-know..." Todoroki began his sentence but never decided to finish it. Silence rolled around the room as the two boys stared at each other, neither wanting to mess up and hurt the other.
Todoroki's eyes drifted away from Midoria's. Midoria wasn't quite sure what to do, he never really prepared himself for a situation like this and the hero academy would probably never help. All Midoria wanted to do was snuggle up to Todoroki and hold him forever. Midoria just wanted Todorki to be happy, and he would do anything to help him to be happy.
☆*☆
Midoria waited outside the hospital room again, his days would remain the same until Todoroki would be released, which, he had to admit, would probably end up being a long time. Midoria's schedule went as follows, wake up, go to class, spend time at with Todoroki until visiting hours were over and then go home. Today, on the other hand, Midoria decided he would bring something aside from the regular flower or bouquet. If you walked into Todoroki's room it would seem more like a greenhouse than a hospital room, at least that's what Midoria thought.
Midoria stared into the store stone-eyed, he wanted Todoroki's gift to be special. He wanted it to be something Todorki could cherish if he wanted. Midoria continued to look when he saw it, this would be it, he was sure of it, a small kitten plush. Midoria walked over to the toy and picked it up. Holy holly this is soft! Midoria thought walking toward the cashier's little stand thing. The plush was a perfect light brown speckled with other shades. What truly made it perfect was its multicolored eyes. Midoria really hoped Todoroki would like it, he thought it was cute.
Midoria made slow work of getting to the hospital this time, he was kind of nervous about seeing Todoroki again. Midoria knew, however, no matter how good or bad the present was that Todoroki wouldn't really mind, that's one thing Midoria learned about Todorki during his visits, Todoroki's standards were unimaginably low. Midoria wasn't sure why either, Todorki deserved the world and nothing less! So what made him think he was worth absolutely nothing? Midoria shook his head at the trailing thoughts and he continued walking, he walked past the nurses at the front, who immediately recognized him, until he got to Todorokis door. Midoria knocked, after hearing a soft 'come in,' he paused, "Here goes nothing," he mumbled opening the door and sliding in.

A/N: Oof sorry I keep forgetting to upload, next chapter should be a Halloween special so keep yer eyes peeled. I really hope yer all enjoying this story ❤️

Word count: 621