Not So Different- Chapter 2

Days past and you got into the Beacon Academy swing of things. Professor Goodwitch sent you a uniform and you started attending classes with Velvet and the rest of Team CFVY. A lot of the information didn't make much sense to you, but the professors ensured you that you weren't being graded as strictly as the other students considering you weren't part of an actual team. Still, you had no idea how to get back home so you figured you'd make the most of the situation like Ozpin had mentioned. Between classes and combat training, you were usually in the library trying to learn about anything you could. If you could help it, you worked with Weiss or Pyrrha or Nick or any of their teammates, being first-years their studies helped you fill in the gaps from some of Velvet's classes. Oobleck's history lessons were entertaining when you could understand what he was saying and Port's Grimm facts were enlightening when he wasn't going off on a tangent.

Every so often, you and Velvet would work together and try to figure out your powers. Some days you would walk around and look for more Blast Shards, sometimes finding some loose ones or picking up a few the authorities had recovered. Others you were trying to test ways to use your powers like you used to do with Delsin back in Seattle.

"I won't lie (y/n), your powers are kind of confusing." Velvet said as the two of you sat back down in your room, "Professor Goodwitch said you were giving off a strong Aura, but you can't project it like we can, and does that mean your crystals aren't your Semblance?"

"I thought about that and tried to look up some stuff about Semblances. From what I read, a Huntsman's Semblance is a tangible use of their Aura and this Aura is a sort of manifestation of our souls."

"Right."

"Everyone with a soul has an Aura, but it takes practice to use it, and even more practice to find out just what your Semblance is; some people can even go their whole lives with an Aura but no Semblance."

"Weiss and the others are really helping you learn everything." Velvet said with a chuckle, "So if you can't project an Aura, but you definitely have an Aura, does that mean your Conduit powers is your body's way of projecting your Aura?"

"I think that's the case with me. The thing with Aura is the same with my Conduit Gene, people can have it and not know. They both let us take more damage, but there is a limit."

"Which explains why Yang's punch caused that wound in the preliminaries, you only had a portion of your total Aura. Which means that you still don't have your Semblance yet."

"Huh, I wonder what it could be." You looked down at your arms, crystal plates traveled their length and stopping a little bit behind your wrist, "It feels like I'm almost back at full strength, but we haven't found any more Blast Cores."

"Those are better than the Shards, right?"

"Yeah, and they not only replenish my energy, they can bring back some of my other powers. Hey, at least we figured out all this about me."

"Yeah, that's progress, right? We should tell Ozpin, or maybe YOU should tell Ozpin." Velvet said, the last bit a little quieter but you still heard it

"No, we can tell him together." You said as you got up

"But, what if he..."

"You're the only person that I've told about where I'm actually from aside from Ozpin and the staff, and you haven't told anyone else right?"

"Of course not."

"One more person hasn't hurt anyone and besides, I've really liked talking with you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you're really nice and understanding. Some people might look at you and see just a Faunus just like people back home would see me as just a Conduit, and some might use that to treat us differently, but we're not so different after all."