Chapter 1

A/N: Ok so... Hey guys! It is still a Tony/Steve/Bucky fic, no changes over there. But I am gonna leave this as an OS than continue with it as a long fic like I had originally done, mainy because of the fact that my mental headspace is not really in a good space, thus making me guilt will, which I don't want. Like at all. Because me guilt writing is the worst thing that can happen right now. I am sorry if you feel like I'd led you into a wild goose chase or given high expectations, I just... My life is shit run and I want to focus on my mental health.

"He is my friend" Steve said as he went away with Bucky, leaving Tony alone in the cold building in Siberia with a malfunctioning suit. "So was I" Tony said in a broken whisper, his face openly showing the hurt, not that Steve or Bucky saw it. "I was more than that" Tony whispered to the empty air, struggling to keep his tears at bay.

Tony just emptily stared at the small chain with a ring on it. This was something he'd been planning for a while. Proposing to Steve. And later on, probably Bucky too, had he allowed it because he knew that Cap was also in love with him, probably more than he loved Tony if anything was to go by after this... talk.

The relationship had been too recent for Tony that it had broken him when Steve chose him over Bucky. It is true that all 3 of them were in a relationship in some weird way but it hurt him that Steve chose Bucky over him. Had Steve not considered him at least a friend?

Like... it is ok to support Bucky as it was partly not his fault and he was under brainwashing... he understood that very well. What he couldn't understand is why Steve decided not to tell him that particular detail that Bucky had killed his parents? Sure, there would've been some confrontation like it was now but not that much you know.

Ok, even if he were to believe that Steve hadn't known it was Bucky, but had a suspicion that his parents had been fucking murdered, was he wrong to ask for the information? Or to be in the know of said information? It was his parents for god's sake!

Tony could understand that it was not Bucky's fault to kill his parents and he had been wiped off but that didn't mean that he wouldn't be upset about it. The fact that angered him was that Steve knew this and did not trust to tell this to him even though it was important to him. Some kind of friend he was.

For the first time in a long time, Tony cried. He cried his heart out for the lost love, all the hardship and challenges, the harsh truth hurting him a lot. Years of trust and friendship was now torn into shambles and laying all around him.

And that was how the team called by Tony found him, Tony passed out from exhaustion, tear tracks still evident on his face, clutching onto something in his hand, bleeding out and freezing in the cold bunker in Siberia.

A/N: I hope you all like it! All comments, criticism and suggestions accepted and appreciated. And well... I am planning on changing the title... any good suggestions?

Thank you all for reading!!!!

Rasnak signing out :) ;)

UPDATED ON 10 SEPTEMBER 2018

Republished on 20 January 2021