Chapter: Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen: Sock Hop (Pt. Two)
{ Vale }

"I have heard nothing but good things about you Jessa." Evie said with a friendly smile, "Flora went on and on about you the last time we were all together."

"Oh she's a sweetheart." Jessa smiled, a light blush coloring her cheeks, "I'm sure she was just being kind."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "we all know you're perfect...I mean look at tonight's event, I would've never thought of this and the Senior Center wouldn't be getting the help they need."

She humbly shook her head in protest, "you'd of come up with something Vale...if you'll all excuse me though I have to check in on a few more things before the masses begin to pour in."

Evie and I watched her leave.

"Vale...?" Evie sounded.

"What's up?"

She shook her head and smiled, "no I wasn't calling you...simply commenting on how familiar you two seem to be, not Alpha or anything like that considering you're 'just' her boss."

I sighed and she held her hands up in a sign of peace.

"I know, I know...it's 'not like that'." She said using air quotes.

"It isn't...we work closely together as partners when it comes to our pack, I refuse to have her calling me Alpha or Sir...and not just her either, in case you've never taken the time to notice, neither George or his son Wex call me any formal title either."

"But you don't mind your other pack members doing so?" She asked.

I shook my head, "if I had my way everyone would be free to call me by whatever they felt most comfortable calling me...as etiquette dictates I have been placed in a position that's just above the others in my pack and only those I chose to stand by my side in running the pack are who I consider my familiars."

She smirked and chuckled a little, "don't get so bent out of shape kid...I'm only messing with you, Jessa seems like a good assistant and completely devoted to her job."

My wolf didn't appreciate my sister picking on me or Jessa and I walked away before I lashed out.

I stepped back outside and found Jessa out there greeting the people as they arrived and taking their tickets.

"Need help?"

She turned over and looked at me, she smiled but shook her head. "I've got this...you go enjoy yourself."

This time I shook my head, "I'd rather help you, trust me..."

"Well I really do have this handled...how about letting them know to start the music so people can start dancing as soon as they walk in."

I nodded and sighed before returning back into the gym. I really didn't want to be in there without Jessa or Wex. Thankfully I found Wex as soon as I walked in.

"Hey man you good?" I asked.

He nodded, "What's up?"

"I couldn't help but notice there's been some tension between you and Jessa lately."

He shook his head, "it's nothing...just happened to know she's got a lot on her plate with various events for the pack, all of her duties, and then you know I've got my own stuff with the pack namely the guard and maintaining the safety."