Chapter 21

Forever be my New Girl

We are currently waiting for our food to arrive. We came to Olive Garden since the boys made reservations here. Jess grumbled.

"The pasta isn't going to be as good as yours." She said with a pouty face. They guys and I laughed.

"I should start charging you." I teased.

"I'll pay you if that means you'll be making me pasta every time I ask for it." Jess said.

"Fuck, I'll make you pasta if you pay me." Daniel said to Jess. She scoffed while I smiled amusedly.

"Please, you can barely make chicken noodle soup, what makes you think you can make a simple pasta?" She asked him.

"You can't cook." Chris piped in.

"Yea I can! You've seen me cook before." Daniel stated.

"Yea, it came out burnt." Chris replied.

"Seriously? What's so hard about making chicken noodle soup?" I asked Daniel. He grumbled and glared at all of us.

"It's a good thing I can cook." Jess said patting Daniels head, he rolled his eyes and put his arm around her chair to hug her and give her a kiss. I laughed.

"What are you planning on majoring in Daniel?" I asked curiously.

"Architecture." He shrugged. I awed him.

"You two are so cute." I said looking at Daniel and Chris.

"Why?" Jess asked.

"Chris wants to major in architecture too." I said. I picked up my cup of water and drank some. The food is taking forever to get here!

"Aww." Jess gushed at them. "What do you want to do Mels?" She asked.

"An elementary school teacher, you?" I asked in return. She gasped.

"Aww you two are so cute." Daniel mimicked me. Jess and I glared at him.

"Why?" Chris mimicked Jess while smirking. I gasped and elbowed him in the arm playfully while he laughed at me.

"Because Jessica wants to be an elementary school teacher too!" Daniel shrieked. I laughed at his shriek.

"I do not talk like that." I defended myself.

"Foods here!" Jess stated when she saw the waiter coming. Once the waiter handed us our food she left.

"Dig in 'cause this is all were eating for the night!" Daniel said before he started grubbing on his food. I scoffed. That's a huge lie. He and Chris are going to end up getting something to eat later on. They eat a lot. Jess included.

........

The music was already heard as soon as we entered the front doors of the hotel. It's really pretty, there's this huge chandelier on the ceiling, the hotels colors are all red and gold making it look extremely fancy. About a few yards in front of the entrance doors there are a flight of stairs where we had to go up to, to get to the room the school rented. Chris and I went up hand in hand. There were a few of the school staff outside the doors to collect the prom tickets. Everyone had on their masks, which were all really cool, they each had different designs and colors, we had put on ours outside the hotel.

All the dresses the girls wore were beautiful, there was a mix of each color. The guys looked good too, but they looked no where near as hot as Chris. We entered the room after we handed in our tickets. There were a bunch of round tables around and in the middle was the dance floor filled with students dancing away. I smiled feeling their energy and happiness. It was semi dark, there were about two lights near the corner, along with the lights that the DJ had on. The music was pumping through my arteries and veins making me want to go out and dance, but I held myself back.