𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟓

That night, Will told his siblings about the abuse.

He showed the old burn scars on his shoulders and explained how Naomi had burned him as punishment. He found himself talking about how he had nearly killed her. How she had been held hostage and raped, which, most likely, had caused her to turn to alcohol and become abusive.

His siblings had comforted him. Had cried with him.

Now, he found himself in an operating room, staring at nothing.

"Will."

Solace didn't turn around at his father's voice. "Apollo."

Silence.

"I'm sorry."

Will blinked, turned around to face him.

"I should've done more," Apollo went on. "I am forbidden to interfere in my childrens' lives...But I should've tried to find some way to help you." He looked into his son's face, eyes full of vunerability. "Could you ever forgive me?"

Will stared at him, troubled.

Never call me your son.

He had screamed those words at his father. Years of hidden anger and despair and resentment had come roaring to the surface.

And yet...

"I want to forgive you," Will said. "Just...just give me time." A single tear slipped down his face. His voice was thick with tears. "I'm tired of being alone. I--I'm tired of having no family."

Apollo's eyes gleamed with compassion. "My dear son...You were never alone. You will never be alone." He pointed to the door. "And you do have a family."

Right on cue, Austin sneezed with a great "WAA-CHOO!" loud enough to wake the dead. Kayla burst out laughing, gleefully applauding.

Will smiled. "You're right." Wiping away his tears, he stepped to the door. His hand on the knob, Will glanced back at Apollo.

He would never have a true relationship with his father, or his mother...but in time, he could forgive them both.

And that was enough.

Smiling, Will Solace exited the operating room to his dear siblings. His family.

THE END