Chapter five

"I'm taking that as I am just the best then?" Caleb said, a smirk across his face. Abigail rolled her eyes as she stood back up.

"you are unbelievable" she said, elbowing him playfully in the gut.

"oh, shut up, I am amazing, and you know it." Caleb elbowed her back as they walked down the hallway toward her bedroom.

"so, what happened with Aven before?" Caleb said, visually concerned. Abigail hesitated before speaking.

"uh, well, I was right. He did try to kill me, in fact, push me off the balcony, but then something in him changed then he hugged me, and yeah... that's it." Abigail shrugged and continued down the hallway, until she found her room, and opened it.

"what?" Caleb stopped mid-step and stared at Abigail in shock, once he came back to his senses, he marched right up to her, then started to inspect her arms and neck, looking for damage.

"what happened to your wrist?" Caleb grasped her arm, just above her wrist. Abigail froze from the sudden movement, then relaxed and took a deep breath, staring at the brown-blue marks appearing on her arm.

"Aven" she whispered, only looking up when he let go of her, sending him a small smile. She then went inside her room, moving over to one of her side draws and opening it up, revealing some human medicines, since she could get hurt and sick easily unlike all the other meyarins.

"don't trust him Abbey, please don't get hurt." Caleb said, leaning on the door frame.

"I don't, and it will take a long time for me to trust him again even if I tried." She sighed and fell down onto her bed, rubbing a pink cream on her wrist, and the bruises vanished immediately.

"all fixed up! okay what do you want to do? I know that Roka and Aven will be talking about me for at least another hour, so we could prank somebody, or go out in the Silverwood? Whatever you want." Caleb's face lit up as Abigail spoke, which made her smile is well. But he still hesitated because she still looked in shock, but Abigail made a small gesture that forced him to talk.

"I'm going to go with Silverwood since you got into a lot of trouble last time we pranked somebody, and it's so much more fun" Caleb said, pushing off the door frame.

"or we could sing... I mean I know your jealous of my fantastic singing skills, and I could teach you" Abigail said, holding back a laugh.

"no! please no singing!" Caleb yelled, holding his hands to his ears.

"to late! I'm going to sing a human song! You ready?" Abigail yelled, and Caleb shook his head in answer. "ONE, TWO, THREE! NOW THIS IS A STORY OF ABOUT HOW MY LIFE GOT FLIPPED TURNED UPSIDEDOWN, I'D LIKE TO TAKE A MINUTE, JUST SIT RIGHT THERE, AND I'LL TELL YOU HOW I- "she was cut off because Caleb threw himself at her, ending up with a jumble of limbs on her bed. They broke out laughing as they got up and walked toward the balcony.

"I'll beat you there" Caleb challenged once they stopped laughing.

"phht, in your dreams!" And with that, Abigail leapt off the balcony and activated the valispath, then sped off down to the trees lining the city. Once they got into the trees, she dropped down to the ground and fell into a sprint.